Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup ** Scotland v Georgia **

Actually Notts I think you will find it is both a noun and a verb...

prog·ress   /n. ˈprɒgrɛs, -rəs or, especially Brit., ˈproʊgrɛs; v. prəˈgrɛs/ Show Spelled[n. prog-res, -ruhs or, especially Brit., proh-gres; v. pruh-gres] Show IPA
noun
1. a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage: the progress of a student toward a degree.
2. developmental activity in science, technology, etc., especially with reference to the commercial opportunities created thereby or to the promotion of the material well-being of the public through the goods, techniques, or facilities created.
3. advancement in general.
4. growth or development; continuous improvement: He shows progress in his muscular coordination.
5. the development of an individual or society in a direction considered more beneficial than and superior to the previous level.
EXPAND6. Biology . increasing differentiation and perfection in the course of ontogeny or phylogeny. 7. forward or onward movement: the progress of the planets. 8. the forward course of action, events, time, etc. 9. an official journey or tour, as by a sovereign or dignitary. COLLAPSE

verb (used without object) pro·gress
10. to go forward or onward in space or time: The wagon train progressed through the valley. As the play progressed, the leading man grew more inaudible.
11. to grow or develop, as in complexity, scope, or severity; advance: Are you progressing in your piano studies? The disease progressed slowly.

Actually Notts I think you will find it is both a noun and a verb...
Lying awake with insomnia I was going through the evening's events when it suddenly occurred to me that yes, of course it's a verb too (e.g. We progressed with caution). I knew it would be too late for an edit but I thought I'd make a correcting post before anybody noticed, but this is NSC of course; you can't get away with anything! Have you got nothing better to do at 4.20 am FFS? :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the other hand, without the gate/TV money from games v Celtic and Rangers many Scottish teams would go under.

Or maybe downsize/adapt?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's the thing about the Rugby World Cup. Too many small teams playing for pride - largely meaningless for the tournament as a whole

I don't mind this in football as there is often a boyish romanticism attached to the small football nations/teams eg the postman scores the winning goal, the bus driver drives the team coach etc. Given that ALL rugby players are trouser dropping bawdy lantern jawed wankers it is not the same for egg chasing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here