Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup 2015

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rather the Australians than the French, All Blacks or the Saffers imo.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Why do they draw the teams before they know who they all will be? Seems a bit odd

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rugby is stupid.

A draw 3 YEARS before the cuffing tournament starts. And they call their groups "pools". And people get excited when you boot the ball out of play.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I read somewhere that all the match venues will be announced in March. So I guess we'll know by then, if not before, whether the Amex makes the final cut.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Really looking forward to this, although I agree the draw does not need to be so early.

We have the hardest group - possibly the most difficult group any host nation has ever had to fight their way out of. I think/hope the Aussies will be getting an early plane home.

I would love to see World Cup Rugby at the Amex - I will be certainly be there if I can get a ticket!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Rugby is stupid.

A draw 3 YEARS before the cuffing tournament starts. And they call their groups "pools". And people get excited when you boot the ball out of play.

Their is an awful lot about the running and officiating of Rugby that Football could learn from. Unfortunately Football has FIFA and Blatter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their is an awful lot about the running and officiating of Rugby that Football could learn from. Unfortunately Football has FIFA and Blatter.

True dat.

I still cannot even begin to fathom why the draw is made 3 years in advance though. Thats just odd.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I'm really looking forward to it (will be even sweeter if the Amex is chosen as a venue)

Going to watch the Rugby (at Twickenham) is such a different experience to watching the football & there are elements that football could learn a lot from

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Rugby is stupid.
And people get excited when you boot the ball out of play.

Its OK sir, Union is a game for the thinking man, this of course excuses your ignorant comments.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did remember getting pissed off that the IRB decided to give the 2011 WC to New Zealand instead of the far superior Japanese bid. "That would never happen in football" I thought, "football is far more inclusive".

Then FIFA awarded the World Cup to Qatar, a tiny desert nation with no history of football and an appalling human rights record, but plenty of money. :nono:

As an aside, it's much easier to run a game that is only played seriously in around 20 nations, especially when half of those nations broadly share a large part of their culture. FIFA on the other hand, is the guardian of the world's only truly global game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its OK sir, Union is a game for the thinking man, this of course excuses your ignorant comments.

f*** me. Looks like its also a game for insufferable pricks who take everything WAY too seriously as well.

Sir.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
f*** me. Looks like its also a game for insufferable pricks who take everything WAY too seriously as well.

Sir.

Take a breather mate...... The bench is over there......

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
As an aside, it's much easier to run a game that is only played seriously in around 20 nations, especially when half of those nations broadly share a large part of their culture. FIFA on the other hand, is the guardian of the world's only truly global game.

...is a very good point, but lessons can be taught and learnt still .... Video technology, mic'ed up refs, respect for refs on the field of play, no segregation, drinking beer at your seat, etc etc

D

Deleted member 18477

Exactly what I thought! Why oh why would we sacrifice home advantage to the Welsh?!

Exactly. It will be at Twickenham and so will the Aussie game. Wales v Australia could well be in Cardiff though.

The other 2 games that England play will probably be at other grounds in the country with any q-final & s-final being at Twickenham if we reach them stages (unless they save the twickenham pitch in the semis? could well be at Wembley/Emirates depending on what stadiums are chosen).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here