Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby: is it any good?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mr Popkins said:
All fans sit together-

does this mean there is not the same passion in the game as football?.

I think it does.
Of course there is passion, its not the same atmosphere as football but 75,000 people singing 'Swing low sweet chariot' always gets the hairs on the back of my neck up! :clap2:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I can't think of anything more uninteresting than watching/playing rugby. I played it for 3 years at school and that was enough for me.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I might have to jump back on the rugger bandwagon after saturday.I thought we'd lost it after Wilkinson,Johnston etc had left

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoy watching the odd game, couldn't watch it all the time though. My favourite player is Dan Luger.

:smokin:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Jason Robinson because i like making fast car/speedboat noises when he gets the ball.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What does a speedbaot sound like?

(I am fully aware that you can't do it but if you could somehow spell how one sounds I'd appreciate it).

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
put your top teeth on your bottom lip and make a rising humming sound from your stomach/throat quickly.Then stop/start at rapid intervals when he changes direction,swerves,dips or sprints, there was an advert recently with an engine on a footballers back...

oh forget it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't like rugby.
There's nothing beautiful or spectacular about it. Whats the VERY BEST thing you can see in rugby ? A player run from his own half, body-swerves most of the opposing team, and dives over the line for a try I suppose. I'm not saying there's no skill involved in doing something like that, but it still doesn't look all that spectacular to me. Its more like a glorified game of British Bulldog.

Now football - what can be better than seeing a sweeping move with a dozen passes from one end of the pitch to the other, culminating in a thumping 20 yard volley that almost tears the back of the net off. Now THATS spectacular.

Football is just more aesthetically pleasing to the eye in my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Now football - what can be better than seeing a sweeping move with a dozen passes from one end of the pitch to the other, culminating in a thumping 20 yard volley that almost tears the back of the net off. Now THATS spectacular.

Theoretically that's possible. Now tell me when England or Brighton last did that :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here