Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby come Boxing

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
[yt]2vZBjqRzZOM[/yt]

25 seconds in.

Crackin' slow motion. Ashton (receiver) is one tough bastard.

Amazingly, he only got a yellow card! Although he is now due in front of a hearing regarding further punishment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[yt]2vZBjqRzZOM[/yt]

25 seconds in.

Crackin' slow motion. Ashton (receiver) is one tough bastard.

Amazingly, he only got a yellow card! Although he is now due in front of a hearing regarding further punishment.

Any footballer who got twatted like that would still be rolling on the turf now.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
And people say Rugby is a 'Gentlemans' sport.

If that was at a Football match people would be calling for life bans and getting the Police involved!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Amazed Chris Ashton didn't go down after those punches. A case of 'no sense and no feeling' though I suspect :lolol:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i think he should be prosecuted for that. seriously.

don't see why rugby is allowed a special exemption from GBH and ABH. earlier this season somebody lost AN EYE due to somebody stamping down on someone's face. in some welsh league game i think.

if i did that outside a footy match to a rival fan i would get a long custodial sentence. why is this any different? why is the law prejudiced... against football fans and for rugby players.

i think he should be prosecuted for that. seriously.

don't see why rugby is allowed a special exemption from GBH and ABH. earlier this season somebody lost AN EYE due to somebody stamping down on someone's face. in some welsh league game i think.

if i did that outside a footy match to a rival fan i would get a long custodial sentence. why is this any different? why is the law prejudiced... against football fans and for rugby players.

You need to get out more.

Last edited:

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
And people say Rugby is a 'Gentlemans' sport.

If that was at a Football match people would be calling for life bans and getting the Police involved!

Gentleman's sport because what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch, and you can all have a beer together after the game. This of course wasn't gentlemanly at all and nowhere near being behaviour within the rules, and as such he is being cited for it.

At the end of the game both players hugged to show there were no hard feelings.

Not sure why anyone would compare a punch in a football match to a punch in a rugby match though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here