Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruddy Pikies

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've always wondered why there is a sign on one of the last Chichester bypass roundabouts (A27) that says "No racing by horse-drawn vehicles"...

edit: I see this is already being discussed! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've always wondered why there is a sign on one of the last Chichester bypass roundabouts (A27) that says "No racing by horse-drawn vehicles"...

edit: I see this is already being discussed! :thumbsup:

and it still bloody happens!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
in scores of countries horses share the roads with cars.....chill out you lot. christ, this forum is turning into the politically correct health and safety forum.

looks like fun....no one got hurt, chill out.

and i bet lots of you n this thread bet on the grand national too...........derrrr. sigh.

you really must be a bit thick!!!!!

1 yes horses are on the road in other countries BUT not racing each other,
2 how do you know no cars were forced off the road.
3 good idea, lets run the grand national on the A27 with the traffic still on the road..

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Slightly Off topic , but has anyone seen the road sign on the A27 just east of Chichester which is aimed at the pikies .. "No horse trotting allowed" or words to that effect . always makes me think of passing a chariot race on that part of the road.

Tangmere roundabout. Used to get terrible problems with trotters on that road when I was a kid. Must be the only official road sign I've ever seen to that effect. Good old Sussex.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The old bill are shit scared of them anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if the old bill held the traffic up for the "do as you likey" Derby Stakes...When a man like Paddy Doherty becomes a celebrity, I think that tells you all you need to know about the country we live in and the people that live in it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
you really must be a bit thick!!!!!

1 yes horses are on the road in other countries BUT not racing each other,
2 how do you know no cars were forced off the road.
3 good idea, lets run the grand national on the A27 with the traffic still on the road..

You couldn't do number 3. How would the cars jump the fences?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
in scores of countries horses share the roads with cars.....chill out you lot. christ, this forum is turning into the politically correct health and safety forum.

looks like fun....no one got hurt, chill out.

and i bet lots of you n this thread bet on the grand national too...........derrrr. sigh.

When you see quotes in posts on tapatalk you can't see who made the original quote. Needless to say when I saw this quoted I didn't really have to check back to see who said it. I don't know what planet you live on but it's not Earth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here