Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Could he play the Tex role of last year? I do not know enough about him but if Baldocks injury is a long one I would prefer a 'fox in the box' type player.

I completely agree, however on a short term loan until January most of the names available don't fill me with confidence. Loftus Cheek would be eager to impress as he's on the fringes of the Chelsea first team. He's more a box to box midfielder but can play an attacking role and provides goals and assists from midfield.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
He joined Brentford for about £650k in the summer then got a serious injury so is out for most of this season

I am not so sure that we need an attacking midfielder unless we are going to scrap 4-4-2 and revert to 1 up front. Another goal scoring wide man or support striker but not midfielder. If it was Bamford different story.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bamford's loan to us is cancelled in January. Pardew doesn't seem to fancy him for whatever reason. When he has had a chance he simply hasn't taken it. Would free him up to play for a championship club again on loan for the rest of the season. I'm sure he would do well again in the right team at that level.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
we had Chalobah on loan when in the Prem, had high hopes for him but he never really sparked for us.

On a totally different subject and in no way connected to our experience it can be a danger to sign young guys who are on huge salaries as there can be an attitude issue.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I wonder if Chelski would want 100% of his wages covered tbh.

It's the loan fees that Chelsea charge that maybe the problem. West ham have paid them £5m to loan Victor Moses for the season, Silly money when you put whatever % of the wages they are paying on top.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
On a totally different subject and in no way connected to our experience it can be a danger to sign young guys who are on huge salaries as there can be an attitude issue.

I think it screws the careers of many a good young prospect, how the hell do thry handle these riches, and thats what they are.

Not exclusive to kids either, sure it happens to loads that get into the Prem, average players being bunged £30K a week, week in week out regardless

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He's one of those ones Chelsea were paying over £20k per week to at 16-17 years of age, isn't he? Astonishing. And- in some cases- it's little wonder they don't make it. Where's the incentive to succeed when you earn that sort of money at 16?

As posted on here before, traore was on £20k a week at the age of 16.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wouldn't be surprised if Bamford's loan to us is cancelled in January. Pardew doesn't seem to fancy him for whatever reason. When he has had a chance he simply hasn't taken it. Would free him up to play for a championship club again on loan for the rest of the season. I'm sure he would do well again in the right team at that level.

I agree Bamford or James Wilson would do us perfect in Jan

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

He hasnt really had a chance though has he... ? I would be suprised if he has started 2 premier league games for you.
You play one up front is the problem for him at Palace

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I think it screws the careers of many a good young prospect, how the hell do thry handle these riches, and thats what they are.

Not exclusive to kids either, sure it happens to loads that get into the Prem, average players being bunged £30K a week, week in week out regardless

Danny Higginbotham was on Talksport a while back and he was very astute in his observations of how football has changed in relation to this. He cited his development and how, at Utd, the young players were in awe of the senior players and would listen to them at any chance. This contrasts with the modern experience and he even commented on his own experience of being a senior player at a club and having younger players (those just breaking through) thinking they owned the place.

He elaborated that now you have young British talent being given very large contracts at 18/19 and then simply freewheeling, which is why you then see these players resurface at 22/23 and leave the club before plummeting down the leagues. He identified a lack of accountability, with agents looking to cosset the players, meaning they weren't exposed to being as responsible, it's always someone else's fault.

Heard him a few times since and he comes across very well.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Danny Higginbotham was on Talksport a while back and he was very astute in his observations of how football has changed in relation to this. He cited his development and how, at Utd, the young players were in awe of the senior players and would listen to them at any chance. This contrasts with the modern experience and he even commented on his own experience of being a senior player at a club and having younger players (those just breaking through) thinking they owned the place.

He elaborated that now you have young British talent being given very large contracts at 18/19 and then simply freewheeling, which is why you then see these players resurface at 22/23 and leave the club before plummeting down the leagues. He identified a lack of accountability, with agents looking to cosset the players, meaning they weren't exposed to being as responsible, it's always someone else's fault.

It's the bit that 99.99% of us will never really grasp. There seems to be a notion that because "he was good" then it follows "he is good" but gazillions of examples where that's not the case and we wonder why

I also smile when we say, so and is only on £xK a week like it's pin money, even done it myself.

I know for sure that i'd find it tough to keep delivering consistent top performance if I wasn't going to be financially hit if I didn't. 3, 2 even 1 year of these eye watering wages must have most thinking they are set for life regardless

Of course doesn't apply to all but can't believe it isn't front of mind when a club like ours is considering such 'investments'

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

McCeachran and Chalobah looked like world beaters and now I haven't a clue where they are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here