Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rubbish? - player ratings

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Complete Badger said:
Ha ha how random. Please do tell, I'm intrigued as to what I did to deserve such a wonderful insult!

Sorry mate, I just thought that whether he was lobbed form 6 yards or 10 was completely irrelevant - the fact of the matter is that we conceded a goal just before half time which was SHIT.

Maybe I'm just a bit pre-menstrual.

patbha

Sep 16, 2004
worthing
Lets not look at kuipers for the goals he kept us in it for the 1st half. They cant score if they havent got the ball and last night we just kept giving it away. The first goal was from a needlessly conceded free kick by gatting & the second from what was a promising attack we gave it away and they broke and scored.
The lack of movement was one of the main factors peole had few options, then we kept passing without going anywhere I thought I was watching a training match without any particular reward for winning

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kuipers - 6 - Super save early on followed by poor positioning once almost losing us a goal and second time conceeding a goal. Made some good catches under pressure and kept us in it with some routine saves.

Hart - 6 - I don't think he struggled that much. He got stuck in and supported the midfield. However, he had a lot to do and I think most people felt O'Cearuill would cope better (altho he didn't).

Butters - 6- Everyone knows how Butters plays week in week out. Usual.

Lynch - 7 - I think his confidence is coming back and he's improving. Composed, quick, physical. Improving relationship with Butts at the back benefiting them both.

Rents - 7 - Did very well. Made some excellent tackles in which he was very brave and solid when weaker, younger players wouldn't have come away with the ball. His distribution under pressure was good, wacking it up towards the forwards and the Bristol half rather than into the stands.

Fraser - 6 - Disagree that he's no different to Gatting. Works his socks off, good movement, tidy on the ball. He's not the strongest physically but the presence of El-Abd and Hammond help make up for that.

El-Abd - 7 - One of our best players last night. Non-stop chasing put their players under pressure and made them make sloppy passes. There wasn't enough of this, we sat of far to much and they knocked it about with ease. A 0 rating is a JOKE. Could have done with a few more of his ilk in the side.

Hammond - 6 - Worked hard but we could have done with him offering a bit more going forward. His defencive work wasn't of El-Abds standard.

Cox - 5 - Pretty anonymous. A couple of good moments but far too many situations in which he lost possession in attacking situations.

Robinson - 6 - Tried to make something happen and run at their defenders but poor service and then being put out on the wing didnt help.

Gatting - 5 - Tottally ineffective but then what do you expect when he's up front on his own!? He appears to be rather slow, he never tends to charge in and try to block defenders clearances. Couldn't help but think Elder may have been more useful.

--

O'Cearuill - Poor
Chamberlain - Tidy better forward passing.
Frutos - Looked dangerous, should have been on much earlier.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Turkey said:
Kuipers - 6 - Super save early on followed by poor positioning once almost losing us a goal and second time conceeding a goal. Made some good catches under pressure and kept us in it with some routine saves.

Hart - 6 - I don't think he struggled that much. He got stuck in and supported the midfield. However, he had a lot to do and I think most people felt O'Cearuill would cope better (altho he didn't).

Butters - 6- Everyone knows how Butters plays week in week out. Usual.

Lynch - 7 - I think his confidence is coming back and he's improving. Composed, quick, physical. Improving relationship with Butts at the back benefiting them both.

Rents - 7 - Did very well. Made some excellent tackles in which he was very brave and solid when weaker, younger players wouldn't have come away with the ball. His distribution under pressure was good, wacking it up towards the forwards and the Bristol half rather than into the stands.

Fraser - 6 - Disagree that he's no different to Gatting. Works his socks off, good movement, tidy on the ball. He's not the strongest physically but the presence of El-Abd and Hammond help make up for that.

El-Abd - 7 - One of our best players last night. Non-stop chasing put their players under pressure and made them make sloppy passes. There wasn't enough of this, we sat of far to much and they knocked it about with ease. A 0 rating is a JOKE. Could have done with a few more of his ilk in the side.

Hammond - 6 - Worked hard but we could have done with him offering a bit more going forward. His defencive work wasn't of El-Abds standard.

Cox - 5 - Pretty anonymous. A couple of good moments but far too many situations in which he lost possession in attacking situations.

Robinson - 6 - Tried to make something happen and run at their defenders but poor service and then being put out on the wing didnt help.

Gatting - 5 - Tottally ineffective but then what do you expect when he's up front on his own!? He appears to be rather slow, he never tends to charge in and try to block defenders clearances. Couldn't help but think Elder may have been more useful.

--

O'Cearuill - Poor
Chamberlain - Tidy better forward passing.
Frutos - Looked dangerous, should have been on much earlier.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here