Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RUBBISH attendance

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
too expensive @ £24 + per tkt :(

That is fair comment. Watching any football these days is, in truth, a rip-off.

For me though, the kids for a quid clinches it.

I always pay more for away games as my ticket may be cheaper but 'junior' ticket adds it on.

My boy has had two free Adult + U10 tickets this seaon from Seagulls club and we've taken his football club on two trips to Withdean on a very good group rate already. Add on the deals ( Gillingham game, half price Chetenham if you go to Tranmere etc etc ) and the value becomes a lot more like it :thumbsup:

I sort of wish we never make the prem though, as I certainly would be priced out then. :(

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've read on here that the team is crap, the ground is crap, the stewards are crap, Dean Wilkins is Crap and Dick Knight is crap. It's all on NSC therefore it must all be true. Why would I bother going if all the experts are telling me it's a waste of time?

I think this has an aweful lot to do with the low attendances, our fans who cant always make games read this, and to see loads of posts that are criticising the club, the chairman, the manager, the players, the food, the cost and the stewards then people would be put off, as some supporters i have spoken to would agree that this has stopped them from attending.

but what really annoys me is that most of theese comments are completely untrue, some posters just put such comments just to try to provoke a reaction rather than legitimate causes to complain. most of the time the posts are made by people who actually haven't attended, and go by hearsay and rumour, and not what is actually going on during the matches or in the background.
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you really think that many people read this site? Come on, 200 online at any one time, a lot of us STH anyway, so perhaps 100 or so might or might not go base don what they read here. Not really 2 or 3 thousand is it?

More likely they read the Argus, and see the ticket prices, and decide to do something else.

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Do you really think that many people read this site? Come on, 200 online at any one time, a lot of us STH anyway, so perhaps 100 or so might or might not go base don what they read here. Not really 2 or 3 thousand is it?

More likely they read the Argus, and see the ticket prices, and decide to do something else.

And reading the Argus isn't going to help much - it's more negative than bits of NSC.
Yesterday's weather forecast was dire, and (in the event) wrong. Bet that kept a few away. And the gloom over Hammond + discouraging comments on the sense of buying Murray kept the rest at home.
They'll now realise what they missed, that the club has moved on and that they better come back and support it.
I also think the club should really publicise the "Heading for Success" statistic it printed in the programme (see other thread). If that doesn't make you love the club, nothing will...

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I had room to swing my legs. Or my pants. Depends on how 80's tv you are.
Didn't have to wait around long to interview Dean Wilkins either, which was fab. Dont like us losing, obviously, but he stays inside far longer to talk to the players in that event. Must have just been a pat on the back yesterday and out to meet the journo's! thanks Dean, I didn't want to wait long in the cold!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Realistically, we will not get promoted this year. Dick MUST bring the price of an uncovered seat down to £20 or less -- and do the same with season tickets. It's the ONLY way to get more people going. I earn a pretty decent salary and £25 a ticket puts ME off.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Perhaps they could do category games like they do at some clubs so when top clubs visit it is £23 scaling down to £18 for the less attractive games.

Mar 10, 2006
People have simply drifted away from the Albion in recent years and it is going to be bloody hard to convince them to come back. Once people stop coming and find something else to do and get their football fix from bloody Sky how the hell do the club re-ignite their interest? Couple this with the fact that the population of Sussex has changed in recent years with people from London moving down who have no interest in the Albion I can see it being a long and painful struggle in years to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here