Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royals @ The Amex 4 July

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
From the Jubilee Website........The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit Albion in the Community, Brighton & Hove Albion Amex Stadium, Village Way, Falmer East Sussex, on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen, in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

Well done Dick, Alan Sanders and all at AitC - Royal recognition (however 'minor') has to be good news - for all the great work that goes on at The Amex and Sussex & abroad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Of all the Royals they could have sent to Brighton, they chose Prince Edward. Who'd have thought it.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'm so glad the stadium we fought so hard for can have a role in marking '60 Glorious Years On Benefits'!

(though admittedly less in Prince Edward's case)

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Zara phillips would get it definatly. Actually I'd even do Andrew's daughters. i know they're gingers, but think of the money you could make!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This lass on the left is one of the Queen's cousin. She'll do...

Lady+Helen+Taylor+Mafalda+Von+Hessen+Milan+bF7BiwMi1qbl.jpg

falmer seagull

Apr 28, 2012
She would be my choice, as I'm sure she'd be mine.

After that, I'd rather shag one of the corgis, rather than any inbred leech.

The Queen receives £7.9 million pounds a year, a rate that has not been changed once since 1991, some 20 years ago. The fact is, the royal family costs each UK citizen a paltry 66p. The amount of tourism they bring in is immense. So for about £40M per year, the royal family brings in about £176M to the UK treasury. And that does not include the money made by restaurants, hotels, cabs and stores. I think that is what is called a good investment.

You should get your facts right before slating them. You are clueless.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The Queen receives £7.9 million pounds a year, a rate that has not been changed once since 1991, some 20 years ago. The fact is, the royal family costs each UK citizen a paltry 66p. The amount of tourism they bring in is immense. So for about £40M per year, the royal family brings in about £176M to the UK treasury. And that does not include the money made by restaurants, hotels, cabs and stores. I think that is what is called a good investment.

a) Lucky her, when I get £7.9m from the government I'll stop complaining.
b) The amount of money they bring in is irrelevant to me, I want to live in a republic.
c) If b) wasn't true, it is still the case that most of what tourists come to see would still be here if the monarchy was abolished, i.e. Castles and crowns and people would still come. Prove otherwise if you wish.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Thanks

"The estimated total annual cost of the monarchy to taxpayers is £202.4m, around five times the official figure published by the royal household (£38.3m last year).
The official figure excludes a number of costs, including round-the-clock security, lavish royal visits and lost revenue from the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall.
Civil List expenditure has increased by 94 per cent in real terms over the last two decades.
£202.4m is equivalent to 9,560 nurses, 8,200 police officers and more than the total annual Ministry of Defence spending on food. The total cost is also equivalent to a number of high profile government cuts, including cuts to the Sure Start programme."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here