Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Mail Strike Again.....

Why do you assume that I don't know the details of the negotiations? Because I don't agree with you or support their cause? I have seen them and it doesn't change my stance.

I believe that no one should be expected to take a pay cut and that it should be required that everyone in any industry gets at least an inflation pay-rise per year.

However, I also believe that strike action is not the answer and will not achieve anything except demonstrating contempt for the customers who rely on your service and whom you are relying on for support. The same customers who ultimately pay the salaries.

So is the 2.5% pay rise that we were offered inflation busting?
The strike has moved on since the initial offer by Royal Mail. It is now about Royal Mail going back on agreements it has with the union. It is also about trying to save one of the last public service we have left in this country.
All deregulation has done is make a few business mail companies richer, how does that benefit the British public?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on Posties sort it out.

it's give's everyone an excuse for why i have not recieved stuff and boy are these companies using it.

I hate Banks.

:rant::rant:

I don't know if it made it onto here, but I couldn't help but laugh at this:-

Apparently last Saturday's Tesco panic was predominately caused because the ransom demands were sent by post, during the last strike, so didn't actually arrive in-store until, on or around the actual deadline.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
:afro:
Why do you assume that I don't know the details of the negotiations? Because I don't agree with you or support their cause? I have seen them and it doesn't change my stance.

I believe that no one should be expected to take a pay cut and that it should be required that everyone in any industry gets at least an inflation pay-rise per year.

However, I also believe that strike action is not the answer and will not achieve anything except demonstrating contempt for the customers who rely on your service and whom you are relying on for support. The same customers who ultimately pay the salaries.[/QUOTE

1) sorry for calling you a F***** in a previous post but i was only using the same word you used to describe the postman who are caught up in a no-win situation. Far from demonstating contempt for their customers the dispute is begimig to highlight how the proposals put forward in the negotiations will affect you the customer. Your post (changes deemed vital to compete in a free market)will more than likely arrive even later with more HDS (Leaflets) and delivered most probably by a part-time postman who after a week of work having not been trained and not having a clue how or where to deliver the post finally hands in his notice. The next week your post will come by a new recruit who cannot speak or read english and has even less idea where to deliver the post. The Post offices idea to 'modernise' is to not replace like for like when a faithful servant retires but to cut cost and go for the cheap option. Good you may think in a Free market the fittest will survive and our post will delivered by the method which is efficient but cost-effective...............Wrong........the last mile as we call it will always be delivered by Royal Mail....that is how it will be whatever the outcome of the strike!! The methods to which Royal Mail deem to cut costs to make them efficient is morally wrong.............pushing the Unions to make a stand against a efficiency drive that will not only cost jobs but cost Postal Workers real money and customers quality of service they are entitled and expect. I think if the people on here who think the Postal workers are a millitant-lazy-good for nothing chancers should examine their consience and try to imagine the difficult conditions they are being confronted with and imagine a poorer service that may arise if the Post Offices proposal are carried through!!!

The customer will not benefit from these proposals just more opotunity to moan about late mail and misdeliveries!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

However, I also believe that strike action is not the answer and will not achieve anything except demonstrating contempt for the customers who rely on your service and whom you are relying on for support. The same customers who ultimately pay the salaries.[/QUOTE

1) sorry for calling you a F***** in a previous post but i was only using the same word you used to describe the postman who are caught up in a no-win situation. Far from demonstating contempt for their customers the dispute is begimig to highlight how the proposals put forward in the negotiations will affect you the customer. Your post (changes deemed vital to compete in a free market)will more than likely arrive even later with more HDS (Leaflets) and delivered most probably by a part-time postman who after a week of work having not been trained and not having a clue how or where to deliver the post finally hands in his notice. The next week your post will come by a new recruit who cannot speak or read english and has even less idea where to deliver the post. The Post offices idea to 'modernise' is to not replace like for like when a faithful cervant retires but to cut cost and go for the cheap option. Good you may think in a Free market the fittest will survive and our post will delivered by the method which is efficient but cost-effective...............Wrong........the last mile as we call it will always be delivered by Royal Mail....that is how it will be whatever the outcome of the strike!! The methods to which Royal Mail deem to cut costs to make them efficient is morally wrong.............pushing the Unions to make a stand against a efficiency drive that will not only cost jobs but cost Postal Workers real money and customers quality of service they are entitled and expect. I think if the people on here who think the Postal workers are a millitant-lazy-good for nothing chancers should examine their consience and try to imagine the difficult conditions they are being confronted with and imagine a poorer service that may arise if the Post Offices proposal are carried through!!!

The customer will not benefit from these proposals just more opotunity to moan abouy late mail and misdeliveries!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The railways are a vital service not a thing you should make profits out of. No wonder our rail services are so bad compared with the rest of europe.

Probably right but what is done has been done

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't know if it made it onto here, but I couldn't help but laugh at this:-

Apparently last Saturday's Tesco panic was predominately caused because the ransom demands were sent by post, during the last strike, so didn't actually arrive in-store until, on or around the actual deadline.

So i believe you naughty posties!

:D

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sadly several people I work with are virtually institutionalised by the cocoon of what was British Rail and expect to get a huge redundancy pay off - it won't happen now as private companies cannot afford this.

British Rail worked better than people gave it credit for but the privatised railway system is shit and allways will be, I never knew as many rule changes under BR as we get now under the privatised system and as for contractors who turn up for railway work? I turn more away than I let work. I know the railway will never be re-nationalised but getting it all back under one company would be a start in the right direction.

Probably right but what is done has been done

I hope and pray that one day it will be reversed and we can invest the billions required to get a decent railway in this country.

1) sorry for calling you a F***** in a previous post but i was only using the same word you used to describe the postman who are caught up in a no-win situation. Far from demonstating contempt for their customers the dispute is begimig to highlight how the proposals put forward in the negotiations will affect you the customer. Your post (changes deemed vital to compete in a free market)will more than likely arrive even later with more HDS (Leaflets) and delivered most probably by a part-time postman who after a week of work having not been trained and not having a clue how or where to deliver the post finally hands in his notice. The next week your post will come by a new recruit who cannot speak or read english and has even less idea where to deliver the post. The Post offices idea to 'modernise' is to not replace like for like when a faithful cervant retires but to cut cost and go for the cheap option. Good you may think in a Free market the fittest will survive and our post will delivered by the method which is efficient but cost-effective...............Wrong........the last mile as we call it will always be delivered by Royal Mail....that is how it will be whatever the outcome of the strike!! The methods to which Royal Mail deem to cut costs to make them efficient is morally wrong.............pushing the Unions to make a stand against a efficiency drive that will not only cost jobs but cost Postal Workers real money and customers quality of service they are entitled and expect. I think if the people on here who think the Postal workers are a millitant-lazy-good for nothing chancers should examine their consience and try to imagine the difficult conditions they are being confronted with and imagine a poorer service that may arise if the Post Offices proposal are carried through!!!

The customer will not benefit from these proposals just more opotunity to moan abouy late mail and misdeliveries!

Excellent points well made fellow postal worker.
Let's hope the management come back to the negotiating table and actually negoitiate with the union. Then perhaps when the dispute is settled Royal Mail will fight the unfair reagulation together with the CWU.
I'm not sure the government will listen though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here