Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Mail delivering on a Sunday

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We got a delivery today from Royal Mail - can only assume posties working this Sunday to try to catch up for the lost snow days ? Well done Royal Mail ! :clap:

Anyone else had a postie deliver today ?

On the downside - it appears a special delivery sent last Tuesday and meant for next day delivery still hasn't arrived. Understandable under the circumstances so I'm not going to rant about it, but probably going to cause me a bit of a headache now :(

Also, question for Stat Brother and the other posties on here - were you compelled to work today for days you may have had off due to snow or was it voluntary overtime ?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
What a shame the binmen dont too, wankers.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Almost forgot - latest batch of Albion tickets that includes Colchester yesterday and Huddersfield away still not arrived. I ordered them last Tuesday. I knew it made sense to have Colchester called off...saved me another phone call :)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
On the downside - it appears a special delivery sent last Tuesday and meant for next day delivery still hasn't arrived. Understandable under the circumstances so I'm not going to rant about it, but probably going to cause me a bit of a headache now :(

What was it, your migraine medication? :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's overtime, in our office we're delivering packets, with a little indoor sorting, as all our work was/is stuck at Gatwick.

We delivered Wednesday, but didn't go out Thur & Fri, resuming delivery Saturday.

Not wishing to undermine myself and colleagues, but we'll get full pay for the days we missed (those that turned up, then went back home), but we are under no obligation to clear the backlog, without being paid overtime.

(Finds tin hat and runs for cover).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's overtime, in our office we're delivering packets, with a little indoor sorting, as all our work was/is stuck at Gatwick.

We delivered Wednesday, but didn't go out Thur & Fri, resuming delivery Saturday.

Not wishing to undermine myself and colleagues, but we'll get full pay for the days we missed (those that turned up, then went back home), but we are under no obligation to clear the backlog, without being paid overtime.

Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:

I'll let you deal with the backlash :lolol:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Christmas tips sorted out now.

Nothing for the postman this year - no delivery since Tuesday. Business as usual with the newspapers and milk turning up so they'll be rewarded.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had some mail yesterday but I am still waiting for my letter from the club. (Fortunately I have booked my presentation thanks to this site)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Don't the staff that couldn't get in still get paid as this would be classed as an enforced absence ? When I worked at BT many years ago if there was severe weather conditions you still got paid but without the shift allowances if you couldn't get in. Hopefully the backlog will create some well needed overtime in the run up to Xmas.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure its just the snow as we had a parcel delivered last Sunday afternoon
That's more to do with RM management being surprised, for the 2000th year running, that Christmas is towards the end of December, and plenty of people like to shop for presents with their November pay packet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's more to do with RM management being surprised, for the 2000th year running, that Christmas is towards the end of December, and plenty of people like to shop for presents with their November pay packet.

sorry to be pedantic but shouldn't it be the 2009th year ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
sorry to be pedantic but shouldn't it be the 2009th year ?
I couldn't be arsed to do the maths.
Jesus wasn't born on Christmas day, that would be too much of a coincidence! :lol:

So how does 1978 years, sound.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I couldn't be arsed to do the maths.
Jesus wasn't born on Christmas day, that would be too much of a coincidence! :lol:

So how does 1978 years, sound.

They sound like this ...probably ?

[yt]Yzco5bEQwLk[/yt]

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We went in every day last week. Delivered the backlog of packets on foot & collected from business's, sub post offices and the busier pillar boxes. Because you got no mail doesn't necessarily mean we were sitting on our arses - the only reason we didnt make a letter delivery was that the main sorting offices couldnt get it out to us. ( Blame the H&S executive for that)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here