Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Royal Ascot

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I went into William Hill yesterday for the first time in 3 months. It was like visiting a hospital ward. No tables or chairs now, lots of 2 meter footprints on the floor, workers behind massive perspex screen wearing visors and masks, limited to small numbers and obviously encouraged to leave asap. I walked straight out without placing a bet. If this is the future it is not for me

I'm sure the bookmakers have other ways to remove your cash from you Uncle. As a point of interest, were you going to bet on a horse ?, and, after 3 months without betting on a horse, why was the compulsion still there ? Have you bet on other things instead or just not bet at all ?

I ask this because Mrs V has smoked off an on for most of her life but quit ( again ! ) just before lockdown, she said she really does not miss fags now at all and I think that is because she is not seeing friends and family who smoke. I was just wondering if Gambling could be controlled or eliminated simply by having nothing to gamble on and not having constant adverts reminding you how much " Fun " it is ?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Just like the one again today , Huboor in the 16-40 looks excellent E/W value , at 12s , if it rains then I think it will shorten up a little .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here