Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Keane

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Nasty bloke. I imagine the Ipswich players were terrified of him.
Would surprise me if he does a Cloughie and ends up being pulled out of ditches as an alcoholic wreck.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not surprised he has failed as a manager, he always seemed to be a very strange character and I can't imagine him being very good with people. I don't even think he was particular popular with the other players at man utd.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
it's opinion rather than information....

BBC R5 announced it as fact this morning.

Funnily enough I emailed someone yesterday that given the managerial merry-go-round and his background, that George Burley would be brought back to the "Tractor boys2 in place of keane, who was on rocky ground.

At least I got the sacking part right, but ipswich probably know more of George's weakness for a wee dram (allegedly) than Palace did...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not a fan of his but can see him as a great number 2. Passionate etc. and must be tacticly sound if not expansive from his playing days, but not quite a manager. Get him coaching, inspiring, kicking people up the ass on the training pitch and giving speechs in the dressing room. Might complement a mild mannered manager provided the number one has respect and confidense in himself to not be overshadowed when it matters.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Don't confuse passion with anger management problems.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Roy Keane was undoubtedly an awesome player, and in that first season at Sunderland when he transformed them from Championship relegation candidates to champions he appeared as if he had the makings of a fantastic manager too.

However, back then he had this bad knack of just signing his mates or players that he had previously worked with (that Sunderland squad ended up consisting of half the Irish team!), and he never really got out of that rut either there or at Ipswich.

It's refreshing that we have have a mangement team that uses their scouting system properly.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I reckon Roy Keane could have taken Brad Pitt's part in Snatch without too much difficulty.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that Ipswich lost 7-NIL immediately after his sacking.

I hope Keane comes back to management, although I think he needs a good enough assistant to be able to play that good cop/bad cop Clough/Taylorstyle role. At the moment it's all "bad cop" and players soon get pissed off with him.

He should wait until the summer by which time there'll be plenty of under-achieving sides with fancy Dan players that need a dose of realism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here