Can anyone confirm this gig is still on tonight at the Wellie

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Can anyone confirm this gig is still on tonight at the Wellie

It is.

Attila the Stockbroker
See you Friday for the final send off for my old mate by some of his favourite performers ever, minus Springsteen (didn't have an email address for him) If Roy knew how many people would be at his funeral, his wake and there on Friday maybe he'd have ....oh, bloody hell, I don't know. Let's just lay the whole thing, and him, to rest with a bloody good gig.
Do spread the word - it has been spread a lot already, and the place will be rammed, but we want as many there as poss. Collection for the Dizzy diabetes charity. Pump clip auction too. Roy's CD collection on sale for the charity as well.
TIMES
10.30 - 11.30 Blyth Power
9.45 - 10.20 Paul & Swill
9.05 - 9.35 Barnstormer
8.30 - 9.00 Fish Bros
7.50 - 8.20 Wob
7.10 - 7.40 Bandana Bros

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheers, looking forward to it

Aug 16, 2013
Just registered to say a big thankyou to absolutely everyone for their support and lovely tributes about Roy over the last month.

There's a big Roy-shaped hole in everyone's life but we have to get used to it as it was clearly his choice, as someone said, it was a 'Stop the World I wanna get off' time for him and in case it's niggling anyone, you could NOT have stopped him and he didn't suffer, despite the Argus printing some old rubbish about paramedics; the Police confirmed that was a lie, if it helps some of you to know that. It helped me.

I will bring his CD collection over to the Wellie shortly, there are loads of CDs and all available for a Dizzy Donation. Also there are some more brilliant beer mugs; same applies to the last few mugs, can be your for a charity donation.

:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent evening, well done everyone who arranged this.

Aug 16, 2013
A great evening; we just got back. Friends from all over the place turned up, different clubs' supporters too, friends & family. And the gig was so good - well worth being there in Roy's memory - many thanks to Attila for arranging it, all the bands for entertaining everyone, all the pub staff for making it happen - and to all for being there.

I will be proudly wearing the Brighton shirt with 'Chuter' on the back to the match tomorrow, which was given to me in exchange for a Dizzy Diabetes Charity donation by Hartlepool fan/friend of Roy's.

There's plenty of Roy's huge CD and beer mug collection left at the pub until at least tomorrow night if anyone else would like to pop into the Duke Of Wellington in Shoreham and find a gem to keep as a memento in exchange for a charity donation into the welly boot or charity box.

:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sincerely hope the Cardinal made it home OK he was totally wasted by around 22:00 hrs

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Wonderful evening, exactly the kind that Roy would have loved. The welly boot donations for the DIZZY diabetes charity alone raised £1,176.42 (just counted it) and there was more in their collection boxes. THANKYOU SO MUCH to all who came. Lovely that Roy's enormous vinyl and CD collection is going to good homes among friends (there were some seriously ecstatic vinyl junkies there last night) rather to some car boot sale: that was a lovely idea from the family. There are loads more CDS and beer mugs there, as Lynne says. Now it's over, and Roy becomes part of our memory. I for one will never forget him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here