Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roving Reporter at Hastings

London Irish said:
Loving it :lolol: we're getting a commentary on Big Mac even though he's now not even playing. This is Big Mac cam :clap2:
not to disappoint those who are Cornholio active - he hasn't moved all half. And is in a position where he would struggle to see most of the pitch. doesn't look happy.

cox had a shot well saved - jakey shot blocked for a corner. couple of scares at the other end. 5 mins to go - no more posts unless another goal

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well done indeed. :clap2:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Great Cornholio said:
not to disappoint those who are Cornholio active - he hasn't moved all half. And is in a position where he would struggle to see most of the pitch. doesn't look happy.

cox had a shot well saved - jakey shot blocked for a corner. couple of scares at the other end. 5 mins to go - no more posts unless another goal
5-1 would be nice:drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Quality reportage TGC - you are our eyes, ears and that bit behind the knee that has no name :bowdown:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yes many thanks for giving me more info to use,you have a safe journey home now:lolol:

actually have a few beers on the way home:clap: :lolol:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Just back from downtown Hastings. TGC got it right. the pitch was shit and hastings were poor but Brighton played well

Sullivan looked ok not much to do. el Abb was 10 out of 10 at centre half all be it against non league forwards. The Elphicks looked good. Our number 8, ginger kiddy called fraser (his 1st name I think) looked class, covered loads of ground.

Jake is miles above this level, Jarret did some good things and some not so good things.

Big Mac tried t muscle a few players and missed one chance from a Jake cross - give mac his due it was a decent volley and only just missed, however, i cant see him and Mcphee playing much this season.

Conclusion = Lots of good things in the youth set up

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Three great goals from Jakey, first good finish one on one with the keeper, second beat about three players and the third from about 25 yards.

Grass was about two foot long which didn't help our game but once the evening dew appeared it made the ball zip around better and we played better.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sullivan - communicated well, not a lot to do, prefers not to kick (Winterton - nothing to do)
T Elphick - Some good tackles, needs to improve (May - Skillful, kept the ball for too long)
G Elphick - Good solid performance, got forward well
El-Abd - What does he have to do to get into first team contention?
Lynch - Good game, wasted at left back
Robinson - Why is he playing on the wing? Head and shoulders above everyone else
Carey - Good prospect, decent central midfielder
Fraser - Quiet
Jarrett, bossing people around like he is an experienced pro. Didn't do anything other than a great free kick
McPhee - Lucky to score after he shot at the keeper. Not good enough (Gatting - Too late to make an impact)
McCammon - Toilet (Cox - Disappointing but clearly very talented)

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I though the key players tonight were in no particualr order:

1) Jakey
2) Albert Jarrett
3) Adam El Abd

Who was the goalkeeper in the first half ? Was it richard martin ?if so I was very impressed with him.

All in all a good match, I wasnt impressed with Chris mcphee or Mark Mccammon, but Mark is more of an emile heskey player, big and bulky and holds the ball up pretty well. he did this a couple of occasions too.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
John Sullivan was on goal.

Jarrett will be a great player if he learns when to pass. His set up of McPhee's goal shows he can pass well, he has shown he can cross well. But he is such a solo artist.

McPhee looked better second half when playing with Jake but still not in his league.

Highlight of the evening was walking past Hinshelwood, Keeley and Malcolm Stuart and hearing Hinsh starting an anecdote with the line "When I was manager ......". Never heard any more but did make me smile.

Looks like we have another promising bunch of kids. Not too sure how you can be impressed with Sullivan in the first half though as all he did was claim a couple of crosses and shout a bit.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
. Not too sure how you can be impressed with Sullivan in the first half though as all he did was claim a couple of crosses and shout a bit.

He did all that was asked of him against a poor side. One scare when a header from a corner went across the goal.

We should take a look a Josh Willis the 16 year old gk who came on for Hastings in the 2nd half. He made two good saves and although his distribution looked poor he may "be one for the future"

Stinky Kat said:
He did all that was asked of him against a poor side. One scare when a header from a corner went across the goal.

We should take a look a Josh Willis the 16 year old gk who came on for Hastings in the 2nd half. He made two good saves and although his distribution looked poor he may "be one for the future"

That's what I meant - he had nothing to do so difficult to judge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here