Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROUTE S Bus (Shoreham)

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea
Anyone catch this to Falmer? If so, can anyone give me a heads up as to where it stops for Southwick?

Thanks for the advice :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Route S starts at Shoreham High Street and runs via Shoreham Station, Eastern Avenue, Middle Road, Hammy Lane, Old Shoreham Road, the bottom part of Mile Oak Road, Valley Road, Chalky Road, Fox Way, Hangleton Grenadier, Hangleton Road, Court Farm Road, Goldstone Crescent, Dyke Road, Valley Drive, Withdean Stadium, Carden Avenue and By-pass.

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I've used this to get to Falmer, but haven't used to get back again. What time do they leave after the final whistle? Tempted to use it on Tuesday as the trains were less then speedy on Friday night....

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea
Thanks.

We haven't caught it before but we're getting a little annoyed with the trains now so thought we'd give it a go. Do we just go to any bus-stop along the route? More specifically, St. Theresa's along the Old Shoreham Road near what used to be The Windmill?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How much does it cost from shoreham?

"The Albion are selling travel vouchers with their season tickets. You show your travel voucher to each driver on your way to the Stadium. You will also be able to show your smartcard season ticket to the driver for free travel to the match."

If you have neither, I think it will be the price of a regular ticket (£2 single, £4 saver ticket), I'm not sure if it counts as within the city or not, the website isn't particularly clear, but the footie specials aren't listened as one of the routes the citysaver isn't valid on.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have used it on the way home to get back to Withdean. Very good service. I was back home 40 mins after the final whistle on Wednesday.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have heard that on the way to the stadium, once it is full it will not stop any more and just go straight there. Be warned for those of you at later stops nearer The Amex.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
I have heard that on the way to the stadium, once it is full it will not stop any more and just go straight there. Be warned for those of you at later stops nearer The Amex.

I think they are running other buses which go from Grenadier pub and pick up those later on the route.
i am sure you can pick up bus from any stop on route.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Where do you catch it on the return journey then?..... does it get rammed?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
"The Albion are selling travel vouchers with their season tickets. You show your travel voucher to each driver on your way to the Stadium. You will also be able to show your smartcard season ticket to the driver for free travel to the match."

If you have neither, I think it will be the price of a regular ticket (£2 single, £4 saver ticket), I'm not sure if it counts as within the city or not, the website isn't particularly clear, but the footie specials aren't listened as one of the routes the citysaver isn't valid on.

I'm afraid the above comments are totally incorrect, please see below for the wording copied directly from the Brighton & Hove Buses website - Travel Vouchers ONLY, NO Saver Tickets, NO Season Tickets, NO Cash!

There are also three routes linking most parts of the city with the Amex. SAVER tickets and Bus ID deals will NOT be valid on these three services; only the travel vouchers issued by Brighton & Hove Albion and national concessionary passes are valid. No pre-booking is required and space is available on these services on a first come, first served basis. Please note that some journeys on these special services may be operated by other bus companies vehicles, so please watch carefully for your bus.

Route P starts at Portslade (Southern Cross) and runs via Trafalgar Road, Boundary Road, Portland Road, Blatchington Road, Goldstone Villas, Cromwell Road, Seven Dials, New England Road, Preston Circus, Beaconsfield Villas, Fiveways and Hollingdean.

Route S starts at Shoreham High Street and runs via Shoreham Station, Eastern Avenue, Middle Road, Hammy Lane, Old Shoreham Road, the bottom part of Mile Oak Road, Valley Road, Chalky Road, Fox Way, Hangleton Grenadier, Hangleton Road, Court Farm Road, Goldstone Crescent, Dyke Road, Valley Drive, Withdean Stadium, Carden Avenue and By-pass.

Route R is a shuttle service from Rottingdean, with buses approximately every 15 minutes

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm afraid the above comments are totally incorrect, please see below for the wording copied directly from the Brighton & Hove Buses website - Travel Vouchers ONLY, NO Saver Tickets, NO Season Tickets, NO Cash!

There are also three routes linking most parts of the city with the Amex. SAVER tickets and Bus ID deals will NOT be valid on these three services; only the travel vouchers issued by Brighton & Hove Albion and national concessionary passes are valid. No pre-booking is required and space is available on these services on a first come, first served basis. Please note that some journeys on these special services may be operated by other bus companies vehicles, so please watch carefully for your bus.

But at the top of the page it says...

Football Buses to the Amex Stadium

Brighton & Hove Buses is pleased to be providing a network of bus routes serving the Amex Stadium on match days. The Albion are selling travel vouchers with their season tickets. You show your travel voucher to each driver on your way to the Stadium. You will also be able to show your smartcard season ticket to the driver for free travel to the match.

I'll be catching it on Tues from probably Hammy Lane. Took just over an hour on Friday.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Does anybody know anything about the 'H' Bus there was one at the Amex after the Leeds match, no info on the bus website, which route does it take? what times does it run?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here