Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roulette Machines

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's odd, as my initial reaction is 'bollox'.
But obviously that's what those machines do, and just cos 3k would set me up for months, doesn't mean everybody else thinks like that.

So for 3k I guess he was expecting to at least double his money, maybe triple it.
Bloody scary stuff.

If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it either. But you'd be suprised at how much we actually take out of those machines, without even looking at the daily profit from them. For security reasons, I'm unable to say roughly how much. :wink:

You're never going to be able to win that much from them. Personally, the best I've done is get up to £98 from my original £10 starting point, but I got greedy and ended up walking away with £50.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What's the betting that the £1,500 ended back in the machines after not very long though????

Not on the same day, atleast. He had the good grace to take the money and run, which is what too few people do. All too often people collect their money and go straight back to the machines and lose it all again. Seriously, if you REALLY don't want the money, drop it behind the counter! :thumbsup:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it either. But you'd be suprised at how much we actually take out of those machines, without even looking at the daily profit from them. For security reasons, I'm unable to say roughly how much. :wink:

You're never going to be able to win that much from them. Personally, the best I've done is get up to £98 from my original £10 starting point, but I got greedy and ended up walking away with £50.

I believe it and its sad. I saw people putting a grand in 100 pound jackpot club machines 15 years ago at a 'snooker' club, every payday, his whole wage, every month in one sitting.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Not on the same day, atleast. He had the good grace to take the money and run, which is what too few people do. All too often people collect their money and go straight back to the machines and lose it all again. Seriously, if you REALLY don't want the money, drop it behind the counter! :thumbsup:

My mate works at BetFred and he says he does get the odd tip from some one who has had a nice win...........:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Inspired by this thread (well not really, I play them from time to time if I'm in the bookies) I put a tenner in one of these machines and had £438 back (playing on the fruit machine game with the leprechaun) then won the £70 jackpot on the Monopoly game on another machine........

.......which was nice.:thumbsup:

(Don't tell my missus!)

ps tipped the lad behind the counter a tenner.

Last edited:

Scanny

Inspired by this thread (well not really, I play them from time to time if I'm in the bookies) I put a tenner in one of these machines and had £438 back (playing on the fruit machine game with the leprechaun) then won the £70 jackpot on the Monopoly game on another machine........

.......which was nice.:thumbsup:

(Don't tell my missus!)

ps tipped the lad behind the counter a tenner.

Very nice indeed :thumbsup:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Myself and a friend heading down the marina for a bit of Roulette fixed our limits (£40) Should be a good night. Even if I loose it all its £40 for a nights entertainment. I can deal with that. I leave my card at home though as I'm to likely to chase. Once in a blue moon can be a good laugh, and apart from that and a pre-season finish bet I never really gamble. Hate the fruit machines got abit into them a while back. Don't go near them now.

Scanny

Myself and a friend heading down the marina for a bit of Roulette fixed our limits (£40) Should be a good night. Even if I loose it all its £40 for a nights entertainment. I can deal with that. I leave my card at home though as I'm to likely to chase. Once in a blue moon can be a good laugh, and apart from that and a pre-season finish bet I never really gamble. Hate the fruit machines got abit into them a while back. Don't go near them now.

All the best!:smile:

Is there any sort of regulatory body for these crack machines???

yes there is, and its a very strict division of the Gambling Commision.
What people have to understand with these things are they are random number gererators, your fate is sealed the second you press 'bet'. The Roulette wheel is simply the glamourised method of displaying what number has been generated, there are two methods that prove this, firstly when the ball is released any Albanian worth his salt will tell you what number it is going to 'land' on (althouth this 'skill' is useless as it is too late to bet) and secondly on one perticular make of machine the customers winnings (or indeed losses) are displayed on the staff terminal as the bet button is pressed by the player (again, before the ball has landed)

Scanny

yes there is, and its a very strict division of the Gambling Commision.
What people have to understand with these things are they are random number gererators, your fate is sealed the second you press 'bet'. The Roulette wheel is simply the glamourised method of displaying what number has been generated, there are two methods that prove this, firstly when the ball is released any Albanian worth his salt will tell you what number it is going to 'land' on (althouth this 'skill' is useless as it is too late to bet) and secondly on one perticular make of machine the customers winnings (or indeed losses) are displayed on the staff terminal as the bet button is pressed by the player (again, before the ball has landed)

Yes, the outcome is decided as soon you press the start button.

Can you still tell where the ball is going to land?

I know a few people who used to be able to tell on the old chunky Ladbrokes Cash Quests.

Can you still tell where the ball is going to land?

I know a few people who used to be able to tell on the old chunky Ladbrokes Cash Quests.

it's only a graphic so it's a simple case of dedicating so much of your precious time playing these things that you memorise if the ball is released in line with , say, 21 it'll land on 30, if its released in line with 4 it'll land on 10 or whatever (but just to emphasise it's a useless skill as gaming machines don't let you bet after the ball is released)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f*** me Scanny - you really do LOVE this thread and OWN it - I'd get down to your local Gamblers Anonymous with Matthew Etherington et al...

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I've used the Ladbrokes website for online Roulette and the number of times you will get the same number come up twice in a row is ridiculous. You won't go more than 15 spins without a number coming up twice in a row.

I am convinced their "Random Number Generator" is fixed as you quite often get the most unrealistic sequences. i.e. 12 came up in 3 out of 4 spins followed immediately by 10 coming up twice in a row.

This is why I think their Random Number Generator is somewhat floored:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 165

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here