Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest pub youve been in whilst following the Albion away?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
For me!

The Jubilee City At Derbys Baseball Ground,was as rough as fcuk.
Cant remember the name of the pub but a minibus load of us walked into a pub about 100 yards from Stoke Citys old Victoria Ground which was a wrong move but we all lived to tell the tale.
Also the Old Peacock at Leeds ,a couple round Tottenham etc

Anyone got any experiences and stories to tell?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That dump that was recommended on here for St Mary's. Overpriced beer served in an attic.

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
Me and my brothter went to Bristol Cityi n the JPT a couple of years ago and asked the steward where the best pub is for brighton fans, He sent us over a level crossing and into this pub where everyone in there was burberryed up flags on the walls photos of all the city boys on their:lolol: travels. Luckily they thought it was funny but the steward didnt when i called him a "Ladypart" on the way into the ground

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
somewhere in Cardiff near Ninian. Came out to find the roof was slashed and the car keyed on my mates brand spanking new Saab convertible

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i remember a pub in coventry that had a wire mesh across the bar - like buses in glasgow - they served your pint through a gap in the mesh! think it was called the binley tree or something along those lines. wasn't as rough as it looked mind.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Crap back street pub in rotherham. Walked in thought "oh. oh",ordered a pint anyway, drank it in 5 mins and left straight away. I've never seen anyone leap up to lean out a pub window and shout "F*** off you Paki c***" anywhere else.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
A few years ago when we played away at Hull City on the friday night 3 of us including my son who was about 11 or 12 at the time decided to stay over night, before the game we found a pub that did B&B called The Sussex, ideal we thought so we checked in and headed off to the game.
There was a little bit of trouble in the ground mainly due to the police underestimating how many we would take there on a Friday night, they expected us to stand on a tiny terrace, but it soon became clear that wasnt gonna happen and they had to turf some of the Hull lads out of the seats to make room for us, they were a bit pissed off at this but it soon calmed down.
After the game we headed back to our digs and as we walked through the door every burberried up face in the pub turned and stared at us, im sure if my son hadnt been with us we would have got battered there and then. We headed straight up to our room changed clothes and then came back down into the other bar and had a nice relaxing evening :whisky:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
A few years ago when we played away at Hull City on the friday night 3 of us including my son who was about 11 or 12 at the time decided to stay over night, before the game we found a pub that did B&B called The Sussex, ideal we thought so we checked in and headed off to the game.
There was a little bit of trouble in the ground mainly due to the police underestimating how many we would take there on a Friday night, they expected us to stand on a tiny terrace, but it soon became clear that wasnt gonna happen and they had to turf some of the Hull lads out of the seats to make room for us, they were a bit pissed off at this but it soon calmed down.
After the game we headed back to our digs and as we walked through the door every burberried up face in the pub turned and stared at us, im sure if my son hadnt been with us we would have got battered there and then. We headed straight up to our room changed clothes and then came back down into the other bar and had a nice relaxing evening :whisky:

I was at that game it was the day before the last game at wembley, my abiding memory is of a Brighton fan singing "tigers tigers meow meow meow" in a high pitched voice. And then him and a Hull fan repeatedly punching each other in the head.
We won two nil as I remember it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Bedford Yeoman in Luton, an absolute hole, one you were in there was only one way out and that was through the window. Although the locals were nice enough to let you request which window you were thrown out of.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Many moons ago about 10 of us walked into a pub a stones throw from Old Trafford. Was like a classic film scene where the whole pub goes quiet. Just think we lived to tell the tale as we were seen as novices excited with their 4th round draw!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One in Gillingham named, unimaginatively, The Pub.

Walking in, you could almost hear the talking stop and the banjos start up.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
One in Luton called the Railway Tavern or something the other year (last away game of the season?). Everyone was drinking cans that they bought from the offie opposite.

The Livingstone Arms in Gillingham (I got hit in the winkle with a pool ball - I think it was black - the ball I mean), The Southern Belle in Gillingham. The Griffin in Hull. One in Exeter whos name I cant remember. The Bentinck Hotel at Nottingham Train Station (all the locals were pissed and I mean PISSEd at 12 noon), wasnt for football but its worth bearing mind kids. One in Mansfield. The Howard in Sheffield.

I dont know I dont usually go to pubs on away trips.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Don't know if it's still there, but one in Plymouth city centre, think it was called the Nags Head?

And a couple of others I can't remember the names of in the likes of Chesterfield and Scunthorpe.

Most inappropriately named pub in SE25:drink::ascarf::eek:
15.jpg

The Albion

Turn Right out of the station and head to the crossroads with portland road and it is right in front of you. Pub Run by the family of HOL member Bedge. Sky Tv with all football coverage shown,Good Atmosphere with Cheap Prices on Beer and Ale. A Must for all Palace Fans.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I remember walking into the Wetherspoons in Wrexham when we played up there a few years ago at about 10:30 in the morning and there was a bloke sat on the floor puking and then saw another woman throwing up about half an hour later and the whole places floor was so sticky you worried about losing your shoes as you walked. A most unpleasant experience all round really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here