Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham's new ground

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
It's going to be lop-sided like the Amex...

scaled.php

sexy

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Very true, if Palace ever do get a new ground they would do well to remember this. I think a compact LITTLE 15.000 stadium would suit there needs perfectly.

I reckon they would fill a 20,000 capacity ground if it had all the modern amenities that you expect in modern stadia. At least for the first couple of seasons anyway. They may want to go slightly small (15,000) with the potential space to make it 30,000.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very true, if Palace ever do get a new ground they would do well to remember this. I think a compact LITTLE 15.000 stadium would suit there needs perfectly.

Why would their chairmen consider building a new stadium with an Ocean Finance loan when they could arrange a groundshare at stadium:mk ?

Mr LBX

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Palace Fan

The Goldstone and Withdean appeared to more than suit your needs perfectly, Before all the armchair supporters jumped on the Amex Band Wagon.

Mr LBX

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
Palace Fan
Why would their chairmen consider building a new stadium with an Ocean Finance loan when they could arrange a groundshare at stadium:mk ?

Look at our Booklet available Online that shows the plan and how we will finance it, i can assure you very little will come out of Bank Loans.

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I really like that roof, the staggered effect is very striking and the see through sections look nice (and I assume well let even more light in). The little tent things outside are a nice touch as well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The Goldstone and Withdean appeared to more than suit your needs perfectly, Before all the armchair supporters jumped on the Amex Band Wagon.

Really, without studying facts, i'd say the years we were at Withdean in the championship, we probably ran at 80%-100% capacity(excluding away fans) at every home game, and the facilities were appalling.(as you would know if you ever went there)..Your lucky to get 50% capacity for some home games and that's with giving the tickets away. You can argue all you like, they are the facts. I can understand it hurts though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
to be fair a brilliant idea. palace need to reduce the capacity of their stadium. crawley will need a bigger one soon.

They could just close off one of the main stands to save on stewarding costs - definately not the Sainsburys stand though as that attracts the highest number of people on a Saturday - lapsed Palace fans now preferring to do their weekly supermarket shop rather than go to the game.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I really like that roof, the staggered effect is very striking and the see through sections look nice (and I assume well let even more light in). The little tent things outside are a nice touch as well.

It looks like it will be a very smart stadium and we should have some covered areas outside like those tents. I said this from day one that the Amex was missing areas to congregate. Not complaining but it would make for a better experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here