Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherfield to Falmer

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Was just about to say. Get to Crowborough and (having already booked) hop aboard the Falmer bound Seagulls Travel special. You'll be in the ground in 40mins!

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I'm very aware of that. Sometimes the timetable shows what is called a "guaranteed connection". This, in fact, means that it is the same vehicle making a through journey. It's all to do with the UK regulations relating to the registration of local bus services and their eligibility for Bus Service Operators Grant, plus the need to tie in with drivers' hours rules (which means that, sometimes, drivers' movements have to be different from vehicle movements).

Do the drivers know that you are also an expert on their movements...........?

:shit::facepalm::lolol:

Do the drivers know that you are also an expert on their movements...........?

:shit::facepalm::lolol:

Probably not. But, in a past life, I was responsible for managing Uckfield Bus Station. So the comfort and convenience of operational staff was a matter that I gave great attention to.

Mind you ... the facilities there today are nothing in comparison with what was available in the old Southdown bus station, which was demolished to make way for Boots, when Bell Lane was opened up as the route to the bypass.

:)

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Not sure about easy. Walk to Jarvis Brook from Rotherfield gonna take 20 mins on a busy road, wait for an hourly train to Uckfield, then a slow bus to Lewes & a train to Falmer. Think driving to Lewes is a lot easier especially to avoid a shit return journey & walking back up a nice hill to Rotherfield, on a busy road in the dark. Am I wrong?

I grew up in Town Row and walked to Crowborough on plenty of occasions. Yes Rotherfield Hill is a dangerous bit of road, but not if you are careful. The OP did not mention timescale, so as long as you give yourself enough time, you'll be at Falmer with enough time for a pint before kick-off.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I live in Rotherfield any chance of a lift. Oh that's Rotherfield Park, East Tisted, Alton, Hampshire.

Anytime but it would have to be early as I normally have a skin full before a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here