Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross Turnball

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What was he actually celebrating last night ? Did he even play a game in the champions league this season ? The way he was hogging the cup anybody would think it was him who was the penalty saving hero. Bizarre

So what you're saying is that if Brighton won the FA cup next season or won the league but Brez doesn't play a game for us, then he won't be allowed to celebrate with his team mates?

Bit like saying if someone scores a goal then the players who didn't score it shouldn't be celebrating either.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
So what you're saying is that if Brighton won the FA cup next season or won the league but Brez doesn't play a game for us, then he won't be allowed to celebrate with his team mates?

Bit like saying if someone scores a goal then the players who didn't score it shouldn't be celebrating either.

You could go one step further. You could say fans should not be able to celebrate because they didn't put their shift in on the pitch. Turnbull was named in Chelseas 25 man UEFA squad therefore he has every right to celebrate (despite being a dodgy keeper)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I agree with the jist of the opening post, i.e. that his celebrations with the cup were vastly out of proportion to his involvement in the actual final (i.e. none) and that he seemed to be dancing around with it more than some of the Chelsea players who had actually played, I guess that's what seemed a bit out of kilter, regardless of his involvement in training/preparation for the game.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I agree with the jist of the opening post, i.e. that his celebrations with the cup were vastly out of proportion to his involvement in the actual final (i.e. none) and that he seemed to be dancing around with it more than some of the Chelsea players who had actually played, I guess that's what seemed a bit out of kilter, regardless of his involvement in training/preparation for the game.

That is exactly what I meant.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Turnball has a right like the other Chelski players who didn't play on Saturday night, to hold the European Cup and celebrate like a madman. And if you must know. I think Ross Turnball played in their last group game, when they were already qualified.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I seriously cannot get with this. I used to be a club secretary and did everything to keep that club running. If we won a cup or a league I celebrated along with the boys on the field, am I assuming I didn't have a right to?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I seriously cannot get with this. I used to be a club secretary and did everything to keep that club running. If we won a cup or a league I celebrated along with the boys on the field, am I assuming I didn't have a right to?

Who said you didn't have the right to? To assume makes and ass out of u and me (as you well know!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here