Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross Turnball

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What was he actually celebrating last night ? Did he even play a game in the champions league this season ? The way he was hogging the cup anybody would think it was him who was the penalty saving hero. Bizarre

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
A crap keeper, hanging on the successful defending over the last 3 games of his squad (not team) mate.
Recent performance at Anfield where his play clownlike, showed he'll never be their keeper.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't really see what the point here is?..He was part of a champions league winning squad. Probably helped Cech warm up and is stand by. Of course he was over the moon, as were the thousands of fans in the ground and the hundreds of thousands watching tv all over the country.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
We only see players the 90 minutes they're on the pitch, for all we know Turnbull could work harder than anyone, put in as many hours as anyone and as another poster pointed out could be a huge help for Cech. He was part of a team that has just won the European Cup, let the bloke hold the cup for a bit.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Did Chelsea's chief executive get a medal this year?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Has played 4 first team games in 3 years and has shipped 9 goals.

Out of contract next summer. Sign him up Gus!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You could argue the same of Terry. Didn't exactly help them get the result at Barcelona did he?..Yet there he was in his shirt, lifting the cup with fat Frank. Yes he has been a mainstay of the team but he above all others dropped his teammates in the shite, from a great height.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Roman had dropped off at White Hart Lane all those years ago, as he was going to. Chelski could well have ended up like Leeds. And now he has got his Holy Grail what is to stop him from pulling the plug. Then Chelski could fall back on there hard core 20.000 support. Third biggest team in London, always have been, always will be.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If Roman had dropped off at White Hart Lane all those years ago, as he was going to. Chelski could well have ended up like Leeds. And now he has got his Holy Grail what is to stop him from pulling the plug. Then Chelski could fall back on there hard core 20.000 support. Third biggest team in London, always have been, always will be.

ahh now we're getting somewhere..... carry on :flounce:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Chelsea have experienced the near drop to the old Div 3. They have experienced the 14k crowds back in the 80's, but then that was a time when football was dying. Whether they are the third biggest side in London is debatable, but one thing is for sure, they are the ONLY European Champions ever to come out of London. I'm quite surprised at the venom thrown at them by NSC as they are just a club that happily accepted a rich benefactor. One that has for years, so we are told, will pull the plug and leave them, yet he has been the owner for a decade now, probably the longest serving owner in the Prem. Chelsea won't go bust if he leaves. The land is worth a fortune in the first place, and why wouldn't a rich man invest in the European champions? I'm a little worried about the lack of football knowledge going on right now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Chelsea have experienced the near drop to the old Div 3. They have experienced the 14k crowds back in the 80's, but then that was a time when football was dying. Whether they are the third biggest side in London is debatable, but one thing is for sure, they are the ONLY European Champions ever to come out of London. I'm quite surprised at the venom thrown at them by NSC as they are just a club that happily accepted a rich benefactor. One that has for years, so we are told, will pull the plug and leave them, yet he has been the owner for a decade now, probably the longest serving owner in the Prem. Chelsea won't go bust if he leaves. The land is worth a fortune in the first place, and why wouldn't a rich man invest in the European champions? I'm a little worried about the lack of football knowledge going on right now.

The land might be worth a fortune, so what?..They would have to re locate somewhere and that would eat all of that up. I'm not full of venom towards Chelski, but I wouldn't be so sure they would not be in the brown stuff if Roman walked, as he is sure to one day. He himself is a plastic fan, just like half of the attendance at the Bridge week in week out. He just happens to be a billionaire plastic who has now achived his dream. Unlike our own Tony Bloom who might not have as much wonger as Roman, but he doesn't need three bodygaurds around hm 24/7 and he is Brighton to the core.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

You are aware that at present the Stamford bridge site can not legally be sold for redevelopment?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes [MENTION=4048]jonny.rainbow[/MENTION] I do know that. I do find some of the comments on here staggering. [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION], we are all football supporters as well as being club supporters, but I do find the hatred and what is literally jealousy staggering. As I said the Russian owner is probably the longest standing owner in the Prem, yet year in and year out people still talk about him walking away and he hasn't. And you didn't answer the fact that Chelsea as a football club are very buyable, and if Abramovich walks out, someone just as rich will be waiting at the doors to take over. Chelsea's future is most certainly secured.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The land might be worth a fortune, so what?..They would have to re locate somewhere and that would eat all of that up. I'm not full of venom towards Chelski, but I wouldn't be so sure they would not be in the brown stuff if Roman walked, as he is sure to one day. He himself is a plastic fan, just like half of the attendance at the Bridge week in week out. He just happens to be a billionaire plastic who has now achived his dream. Unlike our own Tony Bloom who might not have as much wonger as Roman, but he doesn't need three bodygaurds around hm 24/7 and he is Brighton to the core.

How are fans plastic if they go to games week in week out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here