Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Huddersfield are a big club, probably as big as us, Palace are irrelevant

No, they really are not. Decent club, great club, good history BUT ... Tony and Gus are building a BEAST of a club, bigger than anything south of Birmingham bar 4 in London and Southampton. You are correct though, Palace are IRRELEVANT

cpfc-charlie

Jun 20, 2012
No, they really are not. Decent club, great club, good history BUT ... Tony and Gus are building a BEAST of a club, bigger than anything south of Birmingham bar 4 in London and Southampton. You are correct though, Palace are IRRELEVANT

Just having a browse on yet another palace related forum. But my God, I have never read so much shit in all my life than that!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tell me why CMS is better than Ross McCormack?? Dont base it on Prem clubs once being interested in him, base it on stats. Championship stats.

McCormack 2009/10 league goals: 4 (37 app)
CMS 2009/10 league goals: 10 (39 starts)

McCormack 2010/11 league goals: 2 (21 app)
CMS second championship season 2011/12: 9 (40 starts)

McCormack has had more time to settle in to this level of football. I expect big things from CMS this season.

Jan 12, 2012
McCormack 2009/10 league goals: 4 (37 app)
CMS 2009/10 league goals: 10 (39 starts)

McCormack 2010/11 league goals: 2 (21 app)
CMS second championship season 2011/12: 9 (40 starts)

McCormack has had more time to settle in to this level of football. I expect big things from CMS this season.

I noticed you had RM stats as appearances, and CMS as starts. Maybe RM was on the bench for a lot of the games, after his bad injury ?
You also missed out the 2011/2012 stats, was there a reason for this ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I noticed you had RM stats as appearances, and CMS as starts. Maybe RM was on the bench for a lot of the games, after his bad injury ?
You also missed out the 2011/2012 stats, was there a reason for this ?

Two reasons
-I missed McCormack's 2011/2012 stats because that would have been a third year for him, and cms only had two years in the championship to draw from and...
-I was also trying to make a point about the misleading nature of stats, and how you can't use them abstractly to determine who is a better player.

My only serious point is that McCormack has settled at this level, CMS hasn't had that chance, just after his first season here he had to drop down a division, and apparently he improved aspects of his game that were lacking. PErhaps he got comfortable again with a lower level of opponent, and so stepping back up to the championship was a case of needing to get back into that level, coupled with learning the new system with his new team, and think this coming season will see a better performance from him perhaps to the degree expected.

cpfc-charlie

Jun 20, 2012
Two reasons
-I missed McCormack's 2011/2012 stats because that would have been a third year for him, and cms only had two years in the championship to draw from and...
-I was also trying to make a point about the misleading nature of stats, and how you can't use them abstractly to determine who is a better player.

My only serious point is that McCormack has settled at this level, CMS hasn't had that chance, just after his first season here he had to drop down a division, and apparently he improved aspects of his game that were lacking. PErhaps he got comfortable again with a lower level of opponent, and so stepping back up to the championship was a case of needing to get back into that level, coupled with learning the new system with his new team, and think this coming season will see a better performance from him perhaps to the degree expected.

Don't forget RM has been used as winger a lot of the time as well.

Jan 12, 2012
Two reasons

You also missed RM's first season in the championship, 2008/2009, when he scored 23 goals. If you're a natural goalscorer, you don't need 2 seasons to adjust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here