Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross Kemp - South London Gangs

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I was put off after it was revealed that in the promo photo, the film crew paid local kids upwards of £100 to put on balaclavas and act like gangsters...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
MYOB said:
Erm, Northern Ireland. Which is part of the UK. There are and always were f*** all "terrorist weapons" in Ireland, as in the independent state. Any that are still there are likely being polished right now by nutters who still dream of some surreal 'liberation', not being sold on...

Touchy - just repeating what I'd read and it didn't refer to Northern Ireland.

It seems wherever they originated, the port at Liverpool seems to be a weak point. Possibly coming via East Europe but entering the country via Liverpool from Ireland.

I'm not blaming the Irish !!

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
clapham_gull said:
Touchy - just repeating what I'd read and it didn't refer to Northern Ireland.

I get touchy when people accuse my country of terrorism it didn't commit, didn't endorse, and which the VAST majority of people living within it don't endorse (and didn't commit)

I also get touchy when there's still extremely unresolved implications of the British Army providing the equipment and expertise used to bomb our capital city in the 1970s, implications the British government point blank refuses to investigate properly as they already know the answer - showing that only one of the two nations actually committed/endorsed an act of terrorism against the other.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
MYOB said:
I get touchy when people accuse my country of terrorism it didn't commit, didn't endorse, and which the VAST majority of people living within it don't endorse (and didn't commit)

I also get touchy when there's still extremely unresolved implications of the British Army providing the equipment and expertise used to bomb our capital city in the 1970s, implications the British government point blank refuses to investigate properly as they already know the answer - showing that only one of the two nations actually committed/endorsed an act of terrorism against the other.

Bloody hell, where did I do that ?

I spent most of student life defending the Irish over the way the British had treated them over the years..

.. and the IRA nearly killed me in Warrington !

I specifically didn't mention the IRA (sorry I didn't say Northern Ireland as well )

Wherever they has been conflict in the past, it seems weapons become "available" afterwards. That's my point

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
MYOB said:

You do know this thread is about South London gangs?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
clapham_gull said:
Bloody hell, where did I do that ?

I spent most of student life defending the Irish over the way the British had treated them over the years..

.. and the IRA nearly killed me in Warrington !

Didn't say you in particular, it was a general response to being accused of being touchy over a quite serious subject.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It's quite simple.Cities don't work because there's f*** all to do for the kids except hang out with other kids all trying to be hard.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Brixtaan said:
It's quite simple.Cities don't work because there's f*** all to do for the kids except hang out with other kids all trying to be hard.

Spot on. YellowWave and similar schemes can only assist the problem.

I visited a friend in Earlsfield and there were kids hanging about vandalising phone boxes and so on because there was simply nothing else to do. They didn't look like they werre enjoying it. They seemed to be empty emotionless droids trying to pass the time. Green spaces and free sports/classes are essential but the government don't seem to realise that!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
Spot on. YellowWave and similar schemes can only assist the problem.

Shit and I was hoping they would help to solve it:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here