Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roots Manuva

E

enigma

Don't knw how many listen to hip-hop but thought this might be of interest. Saw him at Birmingham Academy on Saturday, awesome gig.Good performer and his album sounds good.Anyone got it?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bought an album of his a few years ago called "brand new, second hand", can't say I listen to it that often but it isn't bad all the same.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's quality.

Seein him at the Concorde :smokin:

Last edited:

E

enigma

The Ganja was thick in the air! It was quality, I'd reccomend it to anyone. I'm now debating whether to see Nas or not.

E

enigma

Cash though-Roots was 13 quid, Nas is about 25.... still it might be the last time he tours UK...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
And only £7 for Inspectah Deck? I know what I'm going to.

"I bomb atomically, socrates philosophes and hypoheses can't defiine how I be dropping these etc..."

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Yeah Roderick knows some dope rhymes.

I'm still undecided on the new album, but more pissed off that I got sold the plain version only to find there's a 2cd special edition with about twice as many tracks on. And good old Virgin decided to close down the day after I bought it. Thanks you !!!!S.

Anyway favourite RM track has gotta be the great Clockwork.

Ticky ticky tock...

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
MattBackHome said:
And only £7 for Inspectah Deck? I know what I'm going to.

"I bomb atomically, socrates philosophes and hypoheses can't defiine how I be dropping these etc..."

Wow - a Rebel INS fan on NSC? I'm shocked. Did you go? I thought it was pretty good. My housemates are the deejays that were on before him.

Roots Manuva sold out ages ago, so if you haven't got tickets, you pretty much ain't getting in.

I don't think his new LP is that good really though, so I'm not cut up about it...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm still deciding whether it's worth going to see Nas or not. 25 quid and a midweek London gig? Doesn't excite me that much really.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Didn't realise Roots was tonight :eek::smokin:

Where's the best place to buy hip-hop in Brighton? :\

I'd go see Nas if I had £25 :down:

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Silent Bob said:

Where's the best place to buy hip-hop in Brighton? :\

Resident Records - Kensington Gdns (CDs)
Rounder Records - Brighton Sq (CDs/Vinyl)
Mic Check Records - Bond St (Everything)

Theres a few to be going on with... :)

Check out the website below if you need more info on gigs, records, etc.

Last edited:

E

enigma

Man I remember the days I used to buy tunes in Brighton, was wicked,great shops down there.Never been anywhere else in Sussex with good record shops.

E

enigma

Oh yeah? I remember going to one place in Crawley that was shite,sold dance records but Horsham near where I went to school had nothing:angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Resident Records - Kensington Gdns (CDs)
Rounder Records - Brighton Sq (CDs/Vinyl)
Mic Check Records - Bond St (Everything)

Theres a few to be going on with... :)

Check out the website below if you need more info on gigs, records, etc.
What? NSP? :jester:

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
saw roots manuva in briz last night - one of the best live shows ive seen in a while - he was quality. lovin the new album - not so many stand out tracks but consistent

:clap2:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
enigma said:
Oh yeah? I remember going to one place in Crawley that was shite,sold dance records but Horsham near where I went to school had nothing:angry:

Oh shit - forgot you went to CH as well. There was NO decent record shops there when I went. The best you could hope for was a 12" single of the latest dross to hit the charts.

E

enigma

D'Angelo Saxon said:
Oh shit - forgot you went to CH as well. There was NO decent record shops there when I went. The best you could hope for was a 12" single of the latest dross to hit the charts.

Life's bad when you look on Our Price as the place to get your music! Even MVC didn't sell singles in those days. I used to buy stuff when I went to Brighton in the holidays r borrow stuff from friends from London. Sadly a lot of them got into some of the lame garage:angry:

Having said that I do like "grime" for want of a better term, big fan of Wiley,Dizzee, Kano.....Lot of energy in it even if lyrically it aint as good....

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
You need to check out the new RA the Rugged Man LP. My pick of the month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here