Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney's Dive.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Have been discussing this with Mejona.

"Wayne is quality. He dived like ANY half intelligent striker would have. It dont make it RIGHT but it is acceptable. Defenders have to wise up."

Agree?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Trying to fool a referee into making a decision in your favour will never be acceptable to me but it has become part of the game which is a massive shame.

I get especially pissed off when Rooney was rewarded for that after wathcing Ljungberg be denied a goalscoring opportunity by a blatant shove from Ferdinand which did not even result in a free kick let alone Rio being sent off.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Trying to fool a referee into making a decision in your favour will never be acceptable to me but it has become part of the game which is a massive shame.

I get especially pissed off when Rooney was rewarded for that after wathcing Ljungberg be denied a goalscoring opportunity by a blatant shove from Ferdinand which did not even result in a free kick let alone Rio being sent off.

Ferdinand should have seen red.

On the other point, defenders (esp experienced internationals) shouldnt leave a stray leg. You can't blame the ref for giving it, you cant blame the player for going for it... the blame lies with the defender.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Biscuit said:
Ferdinand should have seen red.

On the other point, defenders (esp experienced internationals) shouldnt leave a stray leg. You can't blame the ref for giving it, you cant blame the player for going for it... the blame lies with the defender.

I'm with you on this one biscuit!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You can blame an attacker when he didn't touch Campbell though can't you. If there had been genuine contact to make Rooney go down as he did then fair enough but as it happened there was no contact yet Rooney still leapt into the air. The sad thing is that if he had actually attempted to get the ball that he had just knocked past Campbell he would probably have gone down anyway would he not?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You can blame an attacker when he didn't touch Campbell though can't you. If there had been genuine contact to make Rooney go down as he did then fair enough but as it happened there was no contact yet Rooney still leapt into the air. The sad thing is that if he had actually attempted to get the ball that he had just knocked past Campbell he would probably have gone down anyway would he not?

exactly!!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Intelligent football. He was his chance, and went for the penalty. It happens. 'You can blame an attacker when he didn't touch Campbell though can't you' - but you've said yourself 'Trying to fool a referee into making a decision in your favour will never be acceptable to me but it has become part of the game which is a massive shame.'

He dived. But it was acceptable becasue the Defender gave him the option to do so.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
So where are the replies on this thread telling biscuit to f off to an Arse or Manure board. If that was KTA you would of been all over him. Double standards methinks

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Voroshilov said:
So where are the replies on this thread telling biscuit to f off to an Arse or Manure board. If that was KTA you would of been all over him. Double standards methinks

Voroshilov,

I believe threads about Breats on Ebay, current films down the cinema, local pubs, hookers, children's TV programs, F1 and jokes, entitles me to talk on a recent subject which is not only in the news but is also football related.

Please try not to hijack an interesting, multi opinated thread.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, Biscuit, I did say it's part of the game but I can still blame him because he was the one that did it.

Don't try and be SMART.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Aresenal deservede it and I'm well chuffed!!! Why? Because Aresenal never ever lose a game and then say they didn't play well or fair's fair or nowt. They spend any game that's tough putting pressure on the ref in the hope that they'll get decisions their way and then are absolutely flabbergasted when the ref gives a decision against them. The ref is only human but Arsenal reap what they so. Wenger is the biggest arse in football and once... just once I want him to be able to admit when he loses that it had nothing to do with the ref and everything to do with being outplayed!!!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Just pointing out the hypocracy Biscuit. Admitedly your post is more adult.

I don't think Arsenals supporters can moan about Rooney when they have players like Pires in their team.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
I feel six of one half a dozen of the other, take the time when Ferguson told the fourth official to change from 3 to 4 extra mins. At the end of the day all managers feel aggreived if decisions go against them, some more that others admitted - but at the end of the day they give a dam.

Worst thing on that pitch yesterday, Van Nistleroys challenge on Cole, disgraceful could of put him out the game for a while,

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Artful Ninga said:
Worst thing on that pitch yesterday, Van Nistleroys challenge on Cole, disgraceful could of put him out the game for a while,

Correct. That was absolutly disgusting. Just as bad as the entire Arsenal team pushing him about after missing a penatly against them last year. He's lost all credibility by staying cool now. The tackle was malicious and he never intended to retain the ball.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Could not agree with you more Biscuit, still not entirely sure abou his goal celebration after the penalty, it seemed to be a combination of joy and constapation.

Apparantly, the FA are looking at the challenge.

:clap:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Biscuit said:
He dived. But it was acceptable becasue the Defender gave him the option to do so.

Rubbish. I can half-understand a striker letting himself go over when there is contact, albeit not enough to make him trip, but enough to cause him to lose control of the ball. But when there is absolutley no contact, and a player throws himself in the air, that's just cheating. Rooney's gone down a lot in my estimation.

village

Oct 23, 2004
why are we getting so involved with 22 overpaid tossers?

do we really care about what goes on with the TV football these sides represent?

the real football, passion etc is to be found at withdean, concentrate on that

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
village said:
why are we getting so involved with 22 overpaid tossers?

do we really care about what goes on with the TV football these sides represent?

the real football, passion etc is to be found at withdean, concentrate on that

what...like Leon & Bobby...both known to of dived before!
:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here