Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney to Madrid?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Seeing as Rooney can barely speak English, going to Spain might be a bit of a reach - of course he can always ROAR REPEATEDLY IN ENGLISH :rant: at them - that usually works with Johnny Foreigner in my experience...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would be very interesting from an England point of view if he did.

I don't think Rooney is as dumb as a lot of people think, nor is his wife the airhead that a lot of WAGS appear to be. I happen to think he could make a good go of it in Madrid, so long as he learned not to get wound up by referees or defenders.

Can't see Fergie willingly selling him however. Ashley Cole looks more nailed on to end up at Madrid, and maybe Gerrard.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If there's 95M quid on the table, I don't think Fergie will get much of a say in the matter.

If he was forced to sell a player against his will he would leave. I don't think the glazers would risk sinking the ship like that as they still need utd to be near the top so they can keep creaming the money off.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Don't be ridiculous, he's a multi-millionaire anyway so money probably isn't the main factor.

Im not being ridiculous. Not one single footballer would turn down the chance to pick up 9.5 million just for putting pen to paper.
Dont kid yourself

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seeing as Rooney can barely speak English, going to Spain might be a bit of a reach - of course he can always ROAR REPEATEDLY IN ENGLISH :rant: at them - that usually works with Johnny Foreigner in my experience...

Yeah, but they all speak english !

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I like the fact it would put Ronaldo's nose out of joint if he knows Rooney's worth £15m more than he was.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Im not being ridiculous. Not one single footballer would turn down the chance to pick up 9.5 million just for putting pen to paper.
Dont kid yourself

I said you were being ridiculous saying he would sign for anyone, even "outer mongolia" for 9mill.

A multi-millionaire top player like Rooney would only go to another top team. So yes, I could see him going to Real but NOT any team - he wouldn't throw his career away on some "outer mongolia" as you put it.

I'd say Beckham regrets going to LA Galaxy and he was in his 30's when he moved there whereas Rooney is in his prime and at the top of his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here