Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney signs for...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Kev the Ape said:
rooney is a judas to all everton fans. once a blue always a wanker to a hooker hopping rooney.

Yes he should have stayed with Everton for ANOTHER relegation struggle shouldn't he!! NOT!!

The young lad has bags of talents which he will never build on at a mid-low premiership club!!

Good luck to him and the minute Man Utd came, a transfer was all he could do. Everton will now be able to develop and build a better squad! EVERYONE's A WINNER!!

:clap2:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The Northstander said:
Yes he should have stayed with Everton for ANOTHER relegation struggle shouldn't he!! NOT!!

The young lad has bags of talents which he will never build on at a mid-low premiership club!!

Good luck to him and the minute Man Utd came, a transfer was all he could do. Everton will now be able to develop and build a better squad! EVERYONE's A WINNER!!

:clap2:

:clap: i agree he is going to get european football as well. not bothered to be honest who he plays for as long as he perfoms for england. he needs to be playing regular football as well

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
This whole move has been orchestrated by Newcastle in collusion with Everton. Everton are desperate for the cash, desperate to sell Rooney, but they obviously don't want the fans knowing that. So Newcastle make a bid for Rooney which, if you think about it, makes absolutely no sense at all. They already have Shearer, Bellamy, Ameobi, and they've just brought in Kluivert. Yet they still make a bank-busting bid of £23m for a player they quite clearly don't really need. And despite having all summer, they decide to bid just a few days before the transfer window closes.

Man United are stirred into action cos they don't want to miss out on a player they have down as a long-term target. They'd probably have waited till January, or even next summer, but with Newcastle playing silly buggers, and an injury crisis not helping, they dive in with their £30m and bobs-yer-knob, Everton get their cash and can still plead "ohhh, we really really didn't want to sell him".

Newcastle have done Everton proud.

Okay, Easy. Your reputation proceeds you here, are you taking the piss?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
El Presidente said:
It makes me want to vomit when players such as Smith and Rooney claim to be fans of their original clubs and then sign for their most hated rivals. Of course United have the resources far beyond those of many other teams, but the hypocrisy of the players stinks.

How long until Rooney kisses the Man U badge? Smith did it the first time he scored in red :eek:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Easy 10 said:
Not till January though, which stuffs them right up. They've had a decent start, but the squad looks thin on quality and they could be in trouble by the time the transfer window comes round.

Rooney has left them in the shit somewhat. But what do I care ?

*shrugs shoulders nonchalently*

They've had a decent start without Rooney - he hasn't played yet

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
NOt great timing by Everton though, was it?

They've now got £20 million - most of which I imagine will help alleviate some debt, but some of which Moyes will be given to spend... oh dear, the transfer window closed yesterday... :nono:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
El Presidente said:
It makes me want to vomit when players such as Smith and Rooney claim to be fans of their original clubs and then sign for their most hated rivals. Of course United have the resources far beyond those of many other teams, but the hypocrisy of the players stinks.

No one objected to Bobby trying out his luck in the Prem with Spurs, but if it had been Palace he would have been a Judas in the eyes of the faithful, and this is how Smith and Rooney are seen, despite the spin put on their departures by the PR merchants.

I hope Rooney's knob falls off with the clap.:clap:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Although I did try earlier in the thread.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I do have to say, If I was an Everton Fan I would very pissed off in the way this transfer has been completed. WHY did they not sell hom after Portugal, they would have got more than 25 mil. The minute the player states he wants the move why try and keep him??

:shootself

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think this is a bad thing for football in this country :( Man Utd have been gradually getting worse ever since 99. Chelsea and Arsenal are now rising to fill their shoes. Who knows in a few years maybe it could be Newcastle, Liverpool or even Villa that step up. But it appears that the haves will always beat the have nots.

Thank you Sky.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
NMH said:
I 'would' wish him well and more success as an England player and everything, but the fact that it will get all those manure turds glorifying and chirpy makes me want to upchuck.
:sick:
agreed

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What irritated me about this was all the headlines in the papers and Teletext and on the web. "United get Rooney" "Rooney signs for United" etc.

FFS Man Utd are NOT the only Utd in the world.

Newcastle, for example, are Utd too.

I ****ing hate the way Man Utd appropriate the word for themselves, and journalists play ball, treating 'United' as some kind of brand mark that only belongs to them.

:censored:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Okay, Easy. Your reputation proceeds you here, are you taking the piss?
Nope.
That bid from Newcastle was bullshit. That club is all over the place at the moment - they are already servicing a sizeable debt (they havn't even paid for their main stand yet) and although they raked in £14m from the Woodgate sale, there was no way they were seriously going to lash out £23m on a player they barely need - they are desperate for a top-class centre back at the moment, NOT another striker. That bid just made no sense whatsoever.

And why do it JUST before the transfer window closed ? They've had all summer if they were serious. All that bid did was to stir Man U into action and smoke them out. Everton got the auction they wanted, and their board will be doing cartwheels right now. It all reeks of a collusion between Everton and Newcastle to get Shrek sold while he's still at the height of his transfer valuation.

Just a theory, mind.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Just a theory, mind.

What about the theory that there was unrest at Newcastle what with Dyer acting like a twat, Robson under pressure and Woodgate being sold. Maybe the bid was a desperate attempt by Freddy Shepard to pull the Toon back into the limelight before the club went completely tits up, which it is about to do now they haven't captured Rooney?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Newcastle put in a low but tempting bid for Rooney because they new Everton needed the money before the transfer deadline. Newcastle were hoping that Everton would accept to get the cash into the bank ASAP so they could have some money to spend before the transfer deadline.

Although they ended up getting more money from Man Utd they were left with no time to use it to sign some new players, which ultimately may cost them tens of millions if the club get relegated at the end of the season.

Is this good business sense by Everton - I think not!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What about the theory that there was unrest at Newcastle what with Dyer acting like a twat, Robson under pressure and Woodgate being sold. Maybe the bid was a desperate attempt by Freddy Shepard to pull the Toon back into the limelight before the club went completely tits up, which it is about to do now they haven't captured Rooney?
Even their own fans were questioning the wisdom of splashing out on the kerb-crawling fat lad, so it hardly put them in a good light. And thats a hell of a lot of money to spend when you're about to sack your manager as well. Everyone in the media creams over Rooney, but who's to say the new manager at Newcastle wouldn't rather have some kind of transfer kitty left over to bring in some of his own players to fill positions they really NEED to fill.

Naah, that Newcastle bid was pie-in-the-sky. They knew they wouldn't get him, they didn't really want him. It appears some mutual back-scratching was going on between the two boards.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
*still struggles to see what Newcastle get out of the whole affair*
As I mentioned earlier, they'll get NOTHING publically...but who knows what shady deals have been done between the directors behind the scenes....

Brown paper envelope sales on Merseyside could be on the up shortly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here