Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney ban reduced to 2 games

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
good news, but think if last nights showing is anything to go by i think he might need to sort his form out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ridiculous. He kicked the guy, like arshavin, that's a two game ban, it was his second banning of the competition, the extra game is justified.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Ridiculous. He kicked the guy, like arshavin, that's a two game ban, it was his second banning of the competition, the extra game is justified.

i take it your scottish then?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am told he argued that family circumstances off the field make him act unreasonably. As has previously mentioned, this was not a first time offence so on the face of it the three match ban was justified.

Nevertheless, good news for England.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So he's back for the Ukraine game on the 19 June, which I wouldn't mind betting that we'll need to win to go through...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Player who reacts badly when things aren't going well so I'll be expecting some more lacklustre performances should England still be in with a shout once he's served his ban. He really was quite shit last night when his club needed him to be good.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
He never learns, 8 years since he made his England debut and still can't control himself in international matches very well. Gets almost all his goals against inferior competition so the he'll be at his most useful in the group stage. Even United fans were saying he's not wanted any more last night after the game, then again one or two were saying Fergie out as well so...

why would you want englands best player banned for an extra game? thats ridiculous...

Damn, Rooney our best player? That really is sad :(

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be completely accurate, actually, the ban HASN'T been reduced to 2 games.

The third match ban has been SUSPENDED for FOUR YEARS. Read the article.

Bit bizarre, eh?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
cant argue with the facts, but would rather him in the team. show me a better english player and dont say darren bent.

But that's the problem with some attitudes to the England team. It isn't, or shouldn't be, about 'the best player'. It should be about the best team. Stats seem to suggest we are a better team without him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he should be in the squad, but that the team shouldn't be built round him, as he has ZERO discipline, something Capello needs from his players.

Imagine him as a sub coming on with 30 mins to go against, say, Italy though. He'd be so pumped up he'd either score a cracker or get sent off, or both. Worth the gamble I reckon.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just what we needed to mess up the planning.

Had the 3 games stood, even if Rooney was picked, he wouldnt have played in any of the warm ups to give the new strike force time to gel.

Now its two he will play some part no doubt in the warm ups which put the other strikers under real pressure in the first two games and by the third we could well be out, or needing a win to qualify.

Rooney really needs to move onto a team going places to regain his form.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gets almost all his goals against inferior competition so the he'll be at his most useful in the group stage.

Don't all strikers get most of their goals against inferior opposition? Generally you come up against a very good side, a very good defence and there isn't going to be a lot of goals in it generally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here