Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney Appreciation Thread

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He Must move to get European football, I hate to say but Alex Ferguson and Man utd may be the right move, Ferguson will ensure he keeps the right mentality!!

he CANNOT stay at Everton, he has now moved to the next level in hos career!!!

:clap: :flameboun :clap:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yorkie said:
I hope he doesn't lose his enthusiasm as he gets older. I can remember people getting as excited about Owen but he's now only a shadow of his former self.

I had to keep reminding myself that Owen was on the pitch tonight.

You must be joking Yorkie! Owen was excellent last night.
By far his best game of the tournament and deserved a goal.
He was a central figure in 3 of last nights goals.

Michael Owen :clap: :clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Agreed, Michael Owen may not be getting goals but his support play is fantastic and he is end of the day causing defenders to come leave king Rooney and give HIM time and space to get the goals!!

BRING ON PORTUGAL (*trying not to get prematurely carried away*)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Northstander said:
He Must move to get European football, I hate to say but Alex Ferguson and Man utd may be the right move, Ferguson will ensure he keeps the right mentality!!

he CANNOT stay at Everton, he has now moved to the next level in hos career!!!

Agreed however there is only one team in the world who can now afford him.....sadly.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Marshy said:

From what I saw (In their wisdom the idiots at Austrian TV decided it would be a good idea to keep switching between the two matches - grrrr!), Owen had a good match. The interplay for Rooney's second was something special, and Owen's assist for the first against the Swiss showed that there is another dimension to his game. Tony Gale on Sky this morning was tipping Owen to score against a dodgy Potuguese defence. I hope he's right, because if Owen gets his confidence back in front of goal I'll start to believe that we can go all the way.

larus

Marshy said:

Agreed Marshy. Owen has had a lean time by his standards, but he created the first goal last night with a clever run, was involved in the third goal with Rooney. He's got better with each match so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if he hit forn in the next THREE :clap2: games.

Players do go through lean times. Look at Scholes - 30 games with no goal. I think Owen was our leading scorer in qualification wasn't he?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly Larus, i think he scored 5 in 7 games in qualifying.

Hardly a player past his best.

Michael Owen England Legend.:clap2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The only weak link in this team at the moment is David james, but then who do you replace him with. Robinson is definately one for the future but needs more European games ...

Nov 3, 2003
i somewhat disagree he should move after all he faces tough defences week in week out and performs thats proof he has the talent just like its fantastic we have NOPT got the Arsenal (and their well know good defence) keeper as David James is called upon wk in wk out he's kept busy and has lots to do playing for |England could be an easier job than for his team in the prem league. Rooney playing for Moan u or Chelski wont make him necessarily better hes alreeady playin g in best league in the world thats sum achievement. if and when its time to move id say not now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here