Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney and Van Nistlerooy = Tossers

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Juan Albion said:
You sound like me - really, wouldn't it be wonderful if they could both have lost?

My preferred choice as voiced on another thread-somewhat akin to when Ottawa play the Flyers:lolol:

...if that ever happens this season:D

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The best team lost (as they have been the last 3 times they have lost to Manure).If Mike Rileys the best weve got then god help us.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
BRIGHT ON Q said:
The best team lost (as they have been the last 3 times they have lost to Manure).If Mike Rileys the best weve got then god help us.

I disagree - Arsenal never looked like scoring and were hoping for a draw which is always a dangerous tactic. Man U should have had a 2nd pen and then scored again anyway!

Man U won the game fair and square and as for the bad tackles and niggles, both teams gave as good as they got as far as I could see.
(and I am totally neutral as far as these 2 teams are concerned b4 anyone asks)

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The match had a 0-0 draw all over it until Rooney decided to take a tumble in the box with an effort that RVN and Ronaldo would've been proud of. Arsenal were hard done by due to bad sportsmanship from Man Ure and poor refereeing from Mike Riley. It was Mike Riley that ended Arsenal's unbeaten run, not Man Ure.

Man Ure won in the only way they know how to now days, by being a bunch of cheating bastards.

I thought Rooney was deliberately impeded after the ball had gone, so if he didn't dive, the ref should STILL have given a penalty. That decision for the pen was correct imho.

There were other claims for both sides to get decisions that didn't come - but the one that the ref bottled was in not penalising Ferdinand for taking out Lundberg - which would've meant sending Rio Ferd. off !
In reality, he should have done it, but it would certainly have changed the game in Arsenal's favour from then on.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The thing is that this sort of thing sticks in the mind quite bitterly for players and I think it is likely to cause rifts in the England camp next time they get together.
How are Campbell and Cole going to feel knowing the cheating bastard up front also cost them 50 unbeaten games?
It's really disappointing Rooney has sunk to this level already. He could have been such a great player but now he is permanently tainted with the foul stench of being a cheating Man U fuckface

Look on the bright side, boys and girls.

What happened to the last team that beat Arsenal in the Premiership?

Within 18 months they fetch up losing to the Albion at Withdean.

Marvellous.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lord Bracknell said:
Look on the bright side, boys and girls.

What happened to the last team that beat Arsenal in the Premiership?

Within 18 months they fetch up losing to the Albion at Withdean.

Marvellous.

If only !! - That wouuld really make my day

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh that's right, we beat Leeds.

1-0 wasn't it?

3 points wasn't it?

Jumped above them in the tale didn't we?

What was I whinging about?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
227 BHA said:
I disagree - Arsenal never looked like scoring and were hoping for a draw which is always a dangerous tactic. Man U should have had a 2nd pen and then scored again anyway!

Man U won the game fair and square and as for the bad tackles and niggles, both teams gave as good as they got as far as I could see.
(and I am totally neutral as far as these 2 teams are concerned b4 anyone asks)

i agree, yes rio should have been sent off. however arsenal are just as bad. cole kneeing someone in the head cant remember who?

campbell stuck his leg out for rooney in the penalty area are you trying to tell me that an arsenal player wouldnt have done the same

arsenal are just bad losers and they always have been. i hate their manager who is a whinging git and most of the sodding team is french.

everyone moans about united intimidating officials but arsenal do it all the time and did on saturday after the game. they never looked like they were out to win the game. and rooney would have scored anyway. the only chance arsenal had was lundberg.

besides i dont really care about man u either but i am pleased someone beat the scummers just to open the premiership up and to hear wenger going on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
why is it alwysa the refs fault? from where he was standing it looked like a pen.
Why is wenger or the radion not having a go at rooney for diving? because its easy to blmae the refs

the linesman should have seen the van Nistlerooy tackle not the ref.

every week you know for a fact the manager of the team that loses will blame the ref.

if this doesnt stop we will run ouyt of refs in about 5 or 6 years

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
why is it alwysa the refs fault? from where he was standing it looked like a pen.
Why is wenger or the radion not having a go at rooney for diving? because its easy to blmae the refs

the linesman should have seen the van Nistlerooy tackle not the ref.

every week you know for a fact the manager of the team that loses will blame the ref.

if this doesnt stop we will run ouyt of refs in about 5 or 6 years

The game WAS changed by the ref. Look at Ferdinands 'tackle' on Ljungberg at 0-0 when Ljungberg was pretty much through on goal. Absolutely NO attempt to play the ball whatsovere and he got away with it, add that to Rooney's 'dive' and you're gonna have a very pissed off Arene Wenger.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dont know if you saw it on sky?

but they showed the refs view on pen and it did look like a foul

man city were at it as well

claiming it was not a pen and not a free kick when they clearly where

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I really enjoyed it, blood-curdling stuff from start to finish and it's amazing no-one got sent off.

Van Nistelrooy tackle - not great, deserved a yellow but not the worst we've all seen by a long way.

Rooney pen - Campbell was beaten and stuck his leg out. He impeded Rooney's path to goal even if there was little contact.

Ferdinand - very lucky.

And Ronaldo had a blatant pen turned down.

Don't waste any tears on Arsenal, they can more than look after themselves, and together with Wenger certainly hadn't forgotten how to be graceless in defeat after 49 games.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Tooting Gull said:
I really enjoyed it, blood-curdling stuff from start to finish and it's amazing no-one got sent off.

Van Nistelrooy tackle - not great, deserved a yellow but not the worst we've all seen by a long way.

Rooney pen - Campbell was beaten and stuck his leg out. He impeded Rooney's path to goal even if there was little contact.

Ferdinand - very lucky.

And Ronaldo had a blatant pen turned down.

Don't waste any tears on Arsenal, they can more than look after themselves, and together with Wenger certainly hadn't forgotten how to be graceless in defeat after 49 games.

couldnt have put it better myself:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here