Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Moore

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was he not one of the managers, like Alex ferguson, who wrote in to support our Falmer applicatiom?

Still a twat though!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I wonder why? To be honest Tranny finishing 7th surprised me.

Thought they would be lower.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Did he not realise he had to be in the top 6 by the end of the season? :rolleyes:

Think it's a poor decision to be honest. Not only because he did well to finish seventh and take the play off race to the last day of the season but also because it's so long since the season has ended - how long can it take to make this decision? Just puts the new guy in a rush.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I had the good fortune to meet Ronnie Moore once. It was in the Gillingham days. He sat next to us for a home game as we were playing their lot (Rotherham?) on the following Saturday. It may have been the Barnet home game where we had the lowest "home" attendance ever.It was an evening game and he was well impressed that so many Brighton fans had made the trip despite being so far from a normal home game. He went on to say that Brighton was a big club and that when we returned home he was sure we would find success.

Seemed like a genuine nice footballing man.

Bizarre decision to sack him when Tranmere finished 7th. Start of the season their fans were predicting bottom half and possibly a relegation battle.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I also thought Tranmere were considered relegation candidates at the start of the season. Moore is a good lower league manager who can work with limited resources. I expect he will be visiting Withdean as a League 1 manager next season.

Interesting to hear his comments above about Brighton, I always got the impression he didn't like us much.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I always thought he had done well and that's probably why we don't like him because his teams often beat us.

Has always worked with few resources. Was a legendary player at rovers so i wonder how the fans feel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here