Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Corbett..... CBE what a joke !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well thats the funniest thing Ronnie has been involved in for 40 odd years !

I usually turn off whenever I see him in anything, he always looks very wooden and has a worrying lack of humour for a professional comedian. His finest honour was to be carried by Ronnie Barker for all those years. Even then, Corbett's bit to camera and ramble about the producer was a signal to get up and put the kettle on.

D

Deleted member 18477

Agreed. I don't find ronnie Corbett funny at all!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The only thing I can think of in defence of this award is that he has been on the short-list all his life.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Lorraine Kelly FFS ? Och, its sooo saaad. Jeez.

EDIT: The award was for services to charity. Thank God it wasn't for services to broadcasting.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry was comic genius.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bruce Forsyth was knighted for using the same gags for 40 years

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bruce Forsyth was knighted for using the same gags for 40 years

And a rather pathetic public campaign - Corbett deserves this award as very funny and done loads for charity as well

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Once again the North Stand Nasties are out in force. The CBE is for being outstanding in a field of expertise for many years and Ronnie Corbett has been an outstanding comedian since the 60's at least when I remember him doing the class sketch on the Frost Report. Can't see some of the so-called comedians of today making such a rich contribution over the next 50 years.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Considering some of the people who get the award Ronnie thoroughly deserves it on the back alone of being one of a pair only second to the greatest ever comedy double act behind Eric and Ernie. Old School comedy.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Once again the North Stand Nasties are out in force. The CBE is for being outstanding in a field of expertise for many years and Ronnie Corbett has been an outstanding comedian since the 60's at least when I remember him doing the class sketch on the Frost Report. Can't see some of the so-called comedians of today making such a rich contribution over the next 50 years.

Outstanding comedian!, I can't help but reply with "Don't make me laugh". Interesting that the class sketch you quoted included two real comedy greats, John Cleese and Ronnie Barker. Corbett rode on the talent of Ronnie Barker for years and his own stand up routine consists mainly of tired old jokes about his height. His attempts at humour do absolutely nothing for me, still, each to their own I suppose.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will we all be saying the same thing about Michael McIntyre in 40 years time ???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Outstanding comedian!, I can't help but reply with "Don't make me laugh". Interesting that the class sketch you quoted included two real comedy greats, John Cleese and Ronnie Barker. Corbett rode on the talent of Ronnie Barker for years and his own stand up routine consists mainly of tired old jokes about his height. His attempts at humour do absolutely nothing for me, still, each to their own I suppose.

My point, entirely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here