Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll of honour - a thread full of NICE football clubs

westyboy

May 13, 2004
Eastbourne
EVERTON

Everton were a good lot when we went up there 2 c wolves earlier in the year (my old mans a quiet wolves fan). Footy crazy up there and all knew the score with regards to falmer and were right behind it!! Do they moan at the their own team though?!!? jesus!!!

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
FULHAM FC

All the Fulham fans I kow are very friendly and like us homeless, they will be moving back to Craven cottage next year. There are a few in Sussex that also keep an eye out for Albion results due to a few ex-cottagers(Watson, Cullip,etc) that play for us and the Micky Adams connection. They hope we get Falmer as well. Oh and my little brother whose 10 supports them.

Fulham and Charlton deffo. Always enjoyed wandering down the Cottage when the Albion were somewhere inaccessible.

Funny how no Midlands teams have made this list - always had a soft spot for Wolves fans, especially after we put them into the old Divisiion 3 in 85

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everyone seems to like West Brom. They're even called Albion :thumbsup:

Wolves have always had delusions of grandeur although they're warming to me after Ali's post. ;)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If we are extending it to Scotland then I would include the now sadly demised Clydebank, who disappeared to allow the newly formed Airdrie United into the league. Went to watch them play on their equivalent of our Fans Day, it wasn't as well attended and to my knowledge it was just yours truly and a handful of Sunderland fans from England.

The club were playing at Dumbarton's ground at the time, having lost their home ground the season before (sounds familiar doesn't it). The game had been advertised on the first incarnation of NSC so as I lived in Edinburgh at the time I thought that the stripes should put in an appearance, I could not have been made more welcome. Everyone met in a pub about 2 minutes from the ground, the atmosphere was fine once the Rangers fans had left, then back there after the game. The opposition for the day were Queen of the South, their players came into the bar and mixed in with everyone else before catching the bus home with their supporters.

I guess this was an experience of Scottish footy at near grass roots level, I have to say it was one of my best days out as a footy fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here