Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll call for Sheffield Wednesday

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Me + 3 never been there before. What's the score with trains is it near the station?
Closest station is Meadowhall and then tram to leppings lane, can also get the tram from sheffield station but you'll need to change in the city centre

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Me + 3 never been there before. What's the score with trains is it near the station?

You can get a bus (53 or 77 or 80) from the bus terminal which a couple of minutes from the train station or the supertram which is also nearby and change onto the yellow route in the city centre.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cheers guys!

Presuming you're arriving with a bit of time on your hands, the walk into town from Sheffield Station is only about 5 minutes, it's a few hundred yards tops. Loads of pubs around there, or whatever you're after, dozens of bars and the like along West Street (still only 10 minutes from station). Town is A LOT less busy than meadowhall, where I and most others with any sense avoid like the plague on a Saturday. Meadowhall is also completely out of your way if you're coming from the south.

From the city center a taxi will be just under a tenner. Bus is pretty easy (£1.20), as is the tram (£2.20) single.

Tram from the city center won't take you long at all, is a fair bit more than the bus

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Presuming you're arriving with a bit of time on your hands, the walk into town from Sheffield Station is only about 5 minutes, it's a few hundred yards tops. Loads of pubs around there, or whatever you're after, dozens of bars and the like along West Street (still only 10 minutes from station). Town is A LOT less busy than meadowhall, where I and most others with any sense avoid like the plague on a Saturday. Meadowhall is also completely out of your way if you're coming from the south.

From the city center a taxi will be just under a tenner. Bus is pretty easy (£1.20), as is the tram (£2.20) single.

Tram from the city center won't take you long at all, is a fair bit more than the bus

Thanks. We're driving to hull early as I have family there leaving the car then getting the train from hull to Sheffield. Aiming to get to Sheffield for about 130 so should have plenty of time for plenty of beer! :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wednesday? :lol:

Am I right in thinking we're in the top tier this time? Bloody hope so.

We're in the top tier , makes it look like there are no away fans on the TV highlights :lol:

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We have been given 1,000 tickets as the initial allocation , Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: will open the lower tier if needed as the away end holds 5,000. It will be POTD

That is not correct.

They do allocate up to 7,000 - 8,000 I believe to away fans (if they allocate both tiers).

Went to the Wednesday v Palace game with a mate a couple of years ago. It was shy under 39,000 in attendence and there were roughly 7,500 Palace fans there

Pity about the result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here