Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale v Brighton - away attendance.

This figure is a disgrace

Quite right.

There were 34,766 at the Goldstone for the Rochdale game on 3 May 1972. Almost ALL of them were Rochdale fans. I was there with a mate, of course. But we have to acknowledge that, with opposition like the Dale, there are hardly any Albion fans that can be bothered.

I blame Gus for the way he's got the team playing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rochdale have never done so well this season. Boom times. Crowds in 1971 were under 1000, except against Brighton when it was nearly 5,000 at the start. Some of them were removed for running on to the pitch when Kit Napier scored in the last minute.

The main terrace at time was unique compacted slag heep.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I still regret not going to that game at 'dale in 71/72 but the £5.00 fare was more than my pocket money could afford.
I don't know how many Albion were there buy it was the last away game in a promotion season so I don't doubt we outnumbered the home fans by quite a margin.

I did make Rochdale for our opening game of 73/74 (after our one season up) and the station was still graffited up from our previous visit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This figure is a disgrace, the match was POG with over 3000 seats available, we had won the previous eight games and yet less than 10% of the loyal fans who have bought season tickets for next season could be arsed to travel up there. Huddersfield took 3174, Sheffield Wednesday 3200, FCUM 3170, Oldham 3114 and even Tranmere Rovers took 973, get real folks we are a small town club.

Rochdale is a long journey , if it wasn't for the seagulls in exile the away figure would be nearer half that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Rochdale is a long journey , if it wasn't for the seagulls in exile the away figure would be nearer half that.
What a useless thing to say,...... exiled supporters are a common feature for all clubs,... us no more or less than anyone else....... sheesh, some people!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here