Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale - MUST WIN GAME?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not only the season, but we might as well knock down Falmer because there is simply no point in the club continuing. It is IMPOSSIBLE to overstate the importance of beating Rochdale, a 'must win' game doesn't BEGIN to describe it.

I would even go as far as completely ERASING all trace of the club existing, it would be an EMBARRASSMENT to keep any records.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Not only the season, but we might as well knock down Falmer because there is simply no point in the club continuing. It is IMPOSSIBLE to overstate the importance of beating Rochdale, a 'must win' game doesn't BEGIN to describe it.

Agreed. I simply cannot believe NS Herald's flippant and blase attitude towards this game. "Must win" - erm yeah, just a bit mate.....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Agreed. I simply cannot believe NS Herald's flippant and blase attitude towards this game. "Must win" - erm yeah, just a bit mate.....

I know, it's like saying "do we need air to breath?"

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think the season is over anyway. :mad:

Only a feck 2-1 away win a Swindon.

Bloom out, Poyet out, HB&B in, Lord Brackers In.

In fact, just shut the club down now.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We will still stay up if we lose I think, I trust that Gus can pull out a few loan signings and keep us above the relegation zone.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is this the most important game since Hereford away in 1997?

Perhaps we could have a poll....
When we were one nil down at half time at Edgar Street, collectively shitting ourselves that defeat would mean relegation out of the league (and potentially financial oblivion), the club being wound up with no home ground, and some horrendous AFC Albion being set up in it's place with the only remnance of the old club being the stripy blue and white kit and maybe attilla's wonderful half-time poetry, I remember thinking: "please God, please never let the club have to face a match of this significance and magnitude ever again, where the very future so depends on the outcome"

And yet here we are. Again. Rochdale at home, shit or bust. How the f*** did we let this happen? :nono:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
From BBC Sport.....

World to "stop turning on its axis" if Brighton lose football match

Top scientists have predicted that tomorrow's "must-win" League One game between Brighton and Hove Albion FC and Rochdale FC could have a catastrophic effect on the future of the universe if the result was not to go in Brighton's favour.

Professor Gary Bark of Harvard University "The term "must win" is really bandied around in the world of Soccer these days but in this case it is actually an understatement. Our research suggests that if Brighton were to lose this game, then it could have a potentially cataclysmic on the planet, which would lead eventually to the implosion of the planet and the complete obliteration of mankind. Not to mention the damaging effect it would have on their play-off chances."

It is as yet unknown what will happen in the event of a drawn match, as the world's top scientists have yet to agree on the consequences in this instance. But it is believed that there is still a high chance that this would also lead to the implosion of the planet, an outcome more likely if it was to finish as a no-score draw. This is not to mention the disastrous impact it would have on Brighton's play off chances.

Officials from Brighton and Rochdale are believed to have approached the Football League with the offer of a penalty shoot out to decide the future of the planet if the game were to finish level. A world lives in fear until 4.45pm tomorrow.

Brighton midfielder Matt Sparrow is suspended for this match.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When we were one nil down at half time at Edgar Street, collectively shitting ourselves that defeat would mean relegation out of the league (and potentially financial oblivion), the club being wound up with no home ground, and some horrendous AFC Albion being set up in it's place with the only remnance of the old club being the stripy blue and white kit and maybe attilla's wonderful half-time poetry, I remember thinking: "please God, please never let the club have to face a match of this significance and magnitude ever again, where the very future so depends on the outcome"

And yet here we are. Again. Rochdale at home, shit or bust. How the f*** did we let this happen? :nono:

I don't want to be around to clean up the mess after the inevitable pitch invasion after the match. It will be utter carnage, I hope they have drafted in extra police to deal with the situation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just hope the unbearable tension of the occasion doesn't spill over into some kind of violent bloodbath on and off the pitch. Games of such magnitude like this should be something to savour, not fear. The planet would INDEED be knocked off its axis if we were to somehow contrive to lose tomorrow, but as long as the resulting deaths are kept to a bare minimum, we can then attempt to gather the remaining shreds of the season and somehow try to come to terms with our catastrophic position of 9th in the table with only 44 games to go.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is heading towards....GOLD!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We're 3 points off bottom place. This is not the time to be making sick jokes about it.

Exactly! We are joint 3rd from bottom which puts firmly in relegation territory. I am relieved to see from this thread that the fans at least realise the GRAVITY of the situation. I just hope that Poyoot and the players do to.:flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here