Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale FC.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Who remembers the 4-3 defeat to Rochdale on *that* friday night in the first season at Withdean?! :lolol: Shocking weather.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Warmest congratulations to them, especially to the fans who have stuck by them over the years with the Manchester clubs so close at hand. I remember when in the FA Cup they were drawn against Whitley Bay, whose manager called it a Mickey Mouse draw. Rochdale fans turned up in Mickey Mouse masks, and needless to say, the result went with them. I think they played the scum in the next match, holding out until about the 81st minute in front of only 6000 odd at Selhurst. I'm looking forward to this one, new ground for me, unless they decide to make it a Tuesday night fixture.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Their fans must all be mentalists to turn up for fourth division fare for THIRTY SIX years :facepalm:

I daresay their messageboard must be a trove of mirth :rolleyes:

Mainly people from other teams saying congrats, I did it for Albion :thumbsup:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Really pleased for Rochdale, should be quite a good away day next year, new geound for me aswell :thumbsup:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I wonder if our last game at Withdean next May will see us pitted against them, and with us needing a draw for automatic promotion, and them needing a draw to avoid relegation, with the outcome......

1-1 :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who remembers the 4-3 defeat to Rochdale on *that* friday night in the first season at Withdean?! :lolol: Shocking weather.

One of the best atmospheres at Withdean, took me three days to get warm again, never been so soaked for so long.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
0,,10441~8743458,00.jpg

Congrats to the Dale, welcome to league one

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It was '74, as the Rothmans attests

See my above post about our draw with them at the end of the 71/72 season. They then finished 13th. in 72/73, but finally succumbed in 73/74, locked in 24th. place from about October till the end of the season :wink:

That's what I was talking about - the 34,766 crowd to celebrate promotion in 1972.

Don't give a stuff about their relegation in 1974.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
I'm chuffed for them, we beat them in the play off final a couple of years back and now we swap places with them :rolleyes: Hopefully we don't stay down there quite as long as they did.

Although to be honest I'd gladly take thirty six years in the basement division for the chance to come out of administration and have a bit of stability again.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Looking forward to going there again. Good day out although we never win there! Great pub near the ground called The Cemetery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here