Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale FC.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have gained promotion. :ohmy: Can't recall the last time they ever did that. :shrug: Well done. :wave:

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 629

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Feel very happy for them, although it's a bit of a trek to get there next year.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Anyone been to Pazazz nightclub in Rochdale? Went there many times when my sister was at uni in Manchester. Don't know if it's still open but had some of the hottest women i have ever seen in there. Used to do deals on all you could drink for a tenner with a wristband.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Delighted for 'em.

Boy do they deserve it after more than 40years in the basement!

And it's a rare new ground for me next season, along with possibility of Rotherham, Aldershot, Morecambe and Sheff Weds.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Rarely feel this chuffed for another club, but you've got to say the people that have stuck with Rochdale for 36 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) years are surely amongst the best fans in the land! Look forward to playing them next year!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Well done to the Dale. It'll be good to have them in Lg 1 next season.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Anyone who has followed the 'Dale through the seventies, eighties, nineties and noughties, thoroughly deserved yesterday, proper football fans.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good for them, first promotion since 1969 I believe.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Not been thier before so will be a new ground for me to tick off next season so was hoping they would go up.

Took them a couple of weeks to get past the finishing line having been on the bring of promotion for a few weeks now, but i'm sure thier fans aren't too worried about that...

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
My sister in law hails from Rochdale, not surprisingly she was ecstatic last night. :clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I reckon they could see some record away attendances next season as not many will have ever been there before.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
:clap: up the dale :clap:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It should be a good day at Spotland, I like County's ground as well.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was at the 1-1 draw with them at TGG in May '72, that meant we were promoted to the second, and they avoided relegation to the fourth, in front of thirty four thousand odd...

Don't know when they were, nearly terminally by the sound of it, relegated to the lowest tier ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
last time I went to Rochdale we went in the pub near the ground was just like going into somebody's front room. It was the day that their 16 year old goalkeeper,Stephen Bywater signed for West Ham about 1998 I think

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was at the 1-1 draw with them at TGG in May '72, that meant we were promoted to the second, and they avoided relegation to the fourth, in front of thirty four thousand odd...

Don't know when they were, nearly terminally by the sound of it, relegated to the lowest tier ???

Said on TV that they have been in the lowest division since 1974 so assume it was 73/74 season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here