Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson

endpeg

Jul 6, 2003
POLEGATE
Rookie said:
So first there was moaning about him not starting and now there is moaning that he was played out of position. Some people will just never be happy. Face it he is not ready for Championship level football, MM sees him in training every day and feels that is the position so why can't people who post on here come to the same conclusion.

The above could almost have been said by MM himself!

Also applies to about 70% of the rest of them!:rolleyes:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Jake had scored on Saturday this board would have been full of people berating McGhee for not starting him sooner. It just seems that whatever MM does with regard to Robinson is wrong in many people's eyes.

I'm quite sure that if he plays Jake and CKR up front together and we lose (or Jake doesn't score) then we'll be reading that it was either because CKR was too greedy or he didn't have a bigger player alongside him to provide for him.

The only issue I have with MM over this is that he seems to have bowed to fan pressure to start him - and has not considered what was better for the team.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
MM is still experimenting with his formation. I don't know why so many people are expecting instant results. Why can't people get some perspective. Whilst teams like Reading can spend a million on one player we couldn't spend that on our entire squad.

MM is one of the most experienced managers anywhere, especially at this level. Why not wait for a bit longer before playing armchair manager ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jim D said:

The only issue I have with MM over this is that he seems to have bowed to fan pressure to start him - and has not considered what was better for the team.

I don't think MM takes the slightest bit of notice of fans opionns when it comes to team selections.

Jake scored a hat trick at Hastings, a superb goal at Worthing and got three assists.
That would be enough to warrant any player getting a start in the first team.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
I am reminded of 1945 or 46 I think it wwas, immediately after the war. A young guy by the name of Sim or Sims scored five goals in a Reserves game at the Goldstone.
He was the talk of the town for a few days, and then nothing more was heard of him.
Robinson is a young lad, and must be brought along in a nurturing manner, not thrown into the fray with higher expectations than the young man can possibly deliver,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here