Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but in the Times review of saturday's game, in the Blinder/Stinker bit they have Jakey down as stinker. Surely more than a bit harsh?

Especially given it was oneof his first league starts, and there were worse players by a mile.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yeah I totally agree, I think he's still got to be treated as one for the future and didn't agree with him starting on Saturday. I also think it borders on desparation when we are constantly just throwing him on late in the game when we are losing, as if we expect him to turn it around.

I just think that singling him out as the worst player on the pitch saturday is, well, wrong, basically.

endpeg

Jul 6, 2003
POLEGATE
Uncle Buck said:
Or maybe there is a bit of a blinkered view on here when it comes to Robinson.

Has potential yes, but is not yet the messiah that some people talk him up to be.

Nor is CKR and he seems to be an automatic choice?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Here is a novel idea. How about having them on the bench and then brining them on as a sub early in the second half if things are not going so well.

But they need to be given longer than the standard MM 5 mins.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think at the moment Roobinson is most effective when coming off the bench however he needs to be given at least 20 mins .

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Dougal said:
I think at the moment Roobinson is most effective when coming off the bench however he needs to be given at least 20 mins .
and played in his best position (Up front,Mark)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I was certainly suprised that Robinson came in for Carole who I thought had a good game against Crewe.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The Times had Carpenter as MOTM!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
fatboy said:
What does the Times know about football?:p

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So first there was moaning about him not starting and now there is moaning that he was played out of position. Some people will just never be happy. Face it he is not ready for Championship level football, MM sees him in training every day and feels that is the position so why can't people who post on here come to the same conclusion.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Rookie said:
So first there was moaning about him not starting and now there is moaning that he was played out of position. Some people will just never be happy. Face it he is not ready for Championship level football, MM sees him in training every day and feels that is the position so why can't people who post on here come to the same conclusion.

agreed

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
better off the bench - and that is where kazim richards should be coming in from as well

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:

I've seen two match reports which mentioned Chippy as having a good match, Taylor mentioned him in the post match comments in the Sports Argus and a Hull fan posted that on the seagulls message board, so maybe he did do something right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here