Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson signs new contract

Dandyman

In London village.
The pride of Kemptown has just signed a new three year contract that will keep with the club until the end of the 2008/09 season.

:clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: top stuff , nice one Jakey

Dandyman

In London village.
227 BHA said:
Where did you hear this as its not on the official site?

(Not that that's anything to go by as they have probably just announced we won the play-off final:lolol: )

Text from club.

Excellent news :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grendel said:
It is now, just says "Story To Follow" though.

Robinson Signs New Deal

By Paul Camillin

Teenage striker Jake Robinson has today agreed a three-year extension to his existing contract with Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 18-year-old, who graduated through the club's centre of excellence and youth team to sign pro forms two years ago next month, was at the club offices this afternoon to sign a new deal that will run until the end of the end of the 2008/09 season.

Robinson confirmed talks with Chairman Dick Knight and manager Mark McGhee were straightforward, saying, "I'm pleased to sign because I was hoping to be offered something this year as my contract was up, and I want to stay.

"The gaffer [McGhee] has shown he'll give me a chance so it was never a decision whether I wanted to stay or not."

McGhee said, "Given that Jake's now established himself as a permanent member of the first-team squad and is now a serious contender for a place in the team, I'm delighted that he's committed his long-term future. It adds group of young players in this squad who I hope are going to take us into a new stadium."

Chairman Dick Knight paid tribute to the club's flourishing youth system, adding, "I am very pleased for Jake. I've watched his progress through the centre of excellence age groups, the youth set up and now the first-team squad.

"His new long-term contract is a measure of his continuing potential, which we want to flourish with the Albion.

"Jake Robinson is further proof that Sussex boys with talent and dedication can go far with this football club.

"I'm delighted with the number of local youngsters currently in the first team squad, more than at any other time in the club's history. All we need now is a proper stage for them to display their skills."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here