Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson Scores- Remember This Day

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
McPhee is also looking like he will score goals.

We lost Zamora.

Now we have a brilliant striker, and two good young strikers.

Looking good.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
We are being realistic we are just proud Brighton fans!!! Jake knows he will be looked after and if he goes back to playing in the youth side/reserves he says he doesn't mind. He is learning all the time and by the sounds of it enjoying himself.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhanuts said:
Leave the kid alone, the wayh you lot are talking he is going to be playing for England, A bit of realism required I think!

Having seen this kid against a Premiership side I am talking realistically.

bhanuts

Jul 5, 2003
I hope you are right!

I do however think a lot of people are getting very carried away!

stamp said:
Here's to you....

well done jakey, first of many

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Don't encourage him to drink so young:lolol:

He played fantastic tonight and was the difference when he came on. He made some good passes, runs and goal attempts - not to mention his own goal!!!!!

Tonight we played a lot of long ball and if Knight and Robinson are to be a partnership of the future, the team need to pass more.

Note to BHAFC players- Knight is only 5ft 4!!!!

BTW Midfield?????

stamp

Jul 6, 2003
brighton
been thinkin that a lot recently, no henderson why hoof it up to knight????

having said that have seen him out jumo a few 6 ft +ers. :bounce:

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
And here's to you, Jakey Robinson ,
Seagulls love you more than you will know (Wo wo wo).
God bless you, please , Jakey Robinson ,
Heaven holds a place for those who score goals (Hey hey hey, hey hey hey).

:clap2: :clap2: :goal: :clap2: :clap2:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Dunkstar said:
I can't comment as i wasn't there on that occasion but i was there tonight and i have to say he is going to have the same problems as Leon knight i.e lack of height+strength!The boy did well but let's not put too much pressure on which may force him to look elsewhere!

... having everybody wanting him to do well is hardly pressure. If he wants to know what pressure is like he should give poor ol' Bobby a ring ...

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Christ why do people go on about size as these short nippy players are defenders nightmares and if we need height get it in the midfield.:lolol:

I was over the moon to see jakey boy get his first goal bloody brilliant.:clap2: :drink: :drink: :clap:

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Very impressed by his off the ball runs. We didn't give him the greatest service last night either. He looks like a very good player to have on the bench and bring on for the last 10 minutes. He has plenty of pace and tricks in his armoury as well.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did anyone have a good view of the little bit of ball skill Jake did in front of the Albion dugout lat night. I was directly behind the dugout, so all I saw was his upper body and lots of FGR players trying to tackle him.. It looked like he was running them a merry dance, but it's hard to tell without seeing his feet !

I was very impressed with:

1. the classic strikers runs he was making, off the defenders shoulder, bending them along the back line to stay on-side.

2. His ability to run at the defenders

3. His skill levels on the ball

4. His pace

Overall - I don't think I've ever been as optimistic about the future of an Albion youngster.

It was only FGR, but they looked better than many of the sh*te we've had visit us this season so far, so that may not be fair criticism..

Papa

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was a tap in- but then you have to be in the right place to tap them in, and Harty missed with a similar effort in the second half.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
fatboy said:
McPhee is also looking like he will score goals.

We lost Zamora.

And now Zamora is lost without us
togo.gif
dunce.gif

...Bobby Who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here