Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson makes his debut

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
was he any good when he came on, although was for a short time!did he make any impact?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brighton_b0y said:
was he any good when he came on, although was for a short time!did he make any impact?

He was good and he didn't look out of place either. See my match report. The markers were concentrating on staying glued to Knight and Mcphee so didn't notice him getting into space. It's a pity none of our players spotted him.....

His positioning looks really good and can only develop.

He was full of enthusiasm to go with his talent. :clap:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
hope SC gives him afew more run outs before the seasons out....The more exposure he gets the more confidence he will get.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
now dk , offer him a bloody contract !

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm sure eh will braders, I'm sure he will.

Now Jake has seen that SC is happy to give him a chance even at a young age, I reckon he will have no problems signing for us.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
I think we can't offer him a professional contract untill he turns 17(which is very soon I believe).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChutneyStirrer said:
Where.....??

It's another disappearing thread :( . I have just done a search as there was a report from Sky, one from the BBC and mine.

Here it is again

What a stunning looking stadium as you park up, walk over the footbridge and the flyover towards it. Players turning up in BMW's and parking up just as we were passing. They were in suits and ties.
Our players coach turned upand they emerged in tracksuits and looking suitably relaxed and smiling.

There are two impressive looking statues outside of past Boro players.
I reckon there were approx 700 Albion fans there tonight but we made enough noise for the whole stadium. It's sad that Boro fans cannot turn out in the midweek to see their team when they're only being charged a tenner. Att was approx 10000

One of the songs we sang was
'20000 empty seats'

I felt Brighton made this Prem team look average. Our defence was solid, we were winning balls in midfield. Our strikers were so tightly marked though I thought Knight still had an umbical chord attached.
Michel Kuipers was magnificent and it was wonderful to watch. He did some beautiful stops and saves. MrPhee had a shot saved at point blank range
A lot of the Middlesbrough shots were way off target going as wide as 15 feet either side of the goal.
I know the ref wanted a flowing game and quite often gave advantage which is normally a good thing but he let Ricketts off extremely lightly for a lousy challenge on Hart. He was booked but I feel he should have walked.
Then tragedy as Rodger is stretchered off with his leg in a splint. Our immediate though was a broken leg but reports seem to think it is a knee injury
Knight had a shot tipped over the bar
& so we marched on towards extra time.

Players were looking tired but still full of enthusiasm.
But no, the killer shot came off Christie after a pass from Greening.
We still weren't going to give up and still tried shots, attacking and battling.
Knight was going out on the wing and trying to cross in. Anything to shake off his markers

Then joy of joys young Jake got his chance. He didn't look out of place and indeed at one stage was in acres of space with his hand up just begging for the ball to be passed to him

But it was not to be (I was dreading penalties anyway)

Brighton you can hold your heads up hight. We were proud of you tonight.

Relax, take it easy and get fit for Hartlepool on Saturday and back to the week in week out matches of the league.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Assuming the squad are staying up there for the Harlepool match I reckon giving Jake his debut was a good ploy by SC. I think he may be planning to use him on Saturday for a good period of the game, I think throwing him in last night when neither him nor the team were under any pressure to win or do well would have got rid of most of the "first game nerves". He can now go in to saturdays game (as a sub probably) knowing what to expect and without the chance of freezing on the big occasion.

Good luck to ya Jake!:albion:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
What a report Yorkie!! I agree with what you have said. Jake got a fantastic reception from us and he seemed to take everything in his stride. He just reflected our players who were not phased at all they were playing a Prem side.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
chez said:
I think he may be planning to use him on Saturday for a good period of the game,

Henderson's back on Sat

McPhee on the bench

Can't see two strikers on bench

Jake's next appearance - LDV (start in place of Knight?)

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Henderson back?? after last night it would be very harsh on McPhee for Henderson to regain his place.. McPhee is starting to look more confident and Henderson has done nothing for us at all
:nono:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Only my expectation

I agree that McPhee should start but it's always a thorny issue with loan players - you don't get them in to sit on the bench so to speak - it's an unwritten rule between managers.

However - Pardew ain't around anymore to complain so maybe Coppell will persevere with Shughie :lolol:

Jul 21, 2003
And the best news of the night young Robinson got a taste, didnt get long but at least it shows he'll get a chance.The word is that people may be queueing up to sign him off us, (he cant sign pro forms until he's 17 and theres a fair chance someone will try and nick him off us like they did with Gareth Barry !), Apparently the kid isAlbion and wants to stay with us as long as he gets a fair chance, SC and DK must make sure he stays, if he goes like Barry does then it'll just be yet another in the long list of fvck ups by Sielent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here