Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Gus Poyet or Graham Potter? Poyet started a philosophy of having players here comfortable on the ball, and Oscar was the same. Hughton played possession stuff when it suited him in the Championship too. Dunk has been through all of those coaches as has Barber. Good technical football is paramount in the academy teams.

Always felt one of the flaws of the GP tenure was the lack of Paul Barber in an attacking midfield role.

Does he speak English, or we going to have an interpreter ?

Poorly I guess. Said when he came to Shakhtar that he was going to improve his English but that wasn't too long ago. Guessing he will need an interpreter initially.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
That's a great theory, but he is no longer at Leeds. The messiah was found not to be all things to all people after all.

Yes but, to get back to something approaching the topic at hand, that's because he couldn't or wouldn't adjust his approach to games and the the wider situation with his squad, not because he didn't speak his own English in pointless pre/post match interviews. Hopefully, regardless of his linguistic abilities, De Zerbi will be more flexible.

While writing I see from DavePage's post that he apparently does speak English anyway (and Spanish, so maybe we don't need to worry about Bruno heading to Chelsea leaving the South American contingent bereft either).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really pleased. And… Yey! Rob De Zerbi’s blue and white army!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Giving Her Majesty competition in the headline stakes

D16D84EE-E80C-426E-8A3E-A6055CBCDB1B.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That's a great theory, but he is no longer at Leeds. The messiah was found not to be all things to all people after all.

Don't tell that to De Zerbi who has mentioned Bielsa as his manager role model...

Based on an anagram, I'm looking forward to seeing an efficient automated system and the Albion player production line continuing.

Roberto De Zerbi = Be err robotized

3/10

I hope you are all ready to take a few steps back before we go forward again.

I cannot see our early season from continuing, especially given our upcoming games.

NSC is going to be interesting if we lose a few over the next couple of months

"Interesting".. or pathetic as some would say... as often, when a team lose. Given the quality of the opposition I only expect about 60% to be De Zerbi Out when October is done..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here