Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
TalkSport were just having a discussion about Potter/Chelsea, and how they're struggling for goals, and the suggestion was that with us currently continuing the nice football Potter had us playing but now RDZ has added goals to our game that Todd Boehly could do a lot worse than raiding Brighton again for our Roberto if they did decide to sack Mr Potter... and audible ''oh f*** off'' left my mouth. If that becomes a genuine idea for Chelsea I think I might just give up on football.
It might be wishful thinking on my part but I’m not sure I’d see RDZ going to Chelsea.

I expect he’ll move on at some point of course but he seems to be quite careful on the clubs he chooses and I think he might wait for one that’s better run tbh, like City if Guardiola leaves or someone abroad. Boehly seems a bit erratic, spending all that money for Tuchel then sacking him, bringing in almost every part of the Brighton team but still managing to screw up the transfer for Fernandes and annoying them. It’s just a guess but I just don’t see RDZ being up for that stuff.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Potter does get sacked fairly promptly by Chelsea, the silver lining might be that the old big club arrogance might kick in and they think twice about going for managers from smaller clubs, and they'll be back to employing the Mourinho types for another few years. We can hope...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Potter does get sacked fairly promptly by Chelsea, the silver lining might be that the old big club arrogance might kick in and they think twice about going for managers from smaller clubs, and they'll be back to employing the Mourinho types for another few years. We can hope...
Shirley Poch is next man up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It might be wishful thinking on my part but I’m not sure I’d see RDZ going to Chelsea.

I expect he’ll move on at some point of course but he seems to be quite careful on the clubs he chooses and I think he might wait for one that’s better run tbh, like City if Guardiola leaves or someone abroad. Boehly seems a bit erratic, spending all that money for Tuchel then sacking him, bringing in almost every part of the Brighton team but still managing to screw up the transfer for Fernandes and annoying them. It’s just a guess but I just don’t see RDZ being up for that stuff.
When Potter gets sacked from Chelsea there will be calls to go after someone with a proven pedigree at top European clubs and I cannot see them taking another gamble on up and coming managers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking at us with envy.

8B0308C1-4EC8-4C38-8328-CA8C2D9914E1.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if we push into European Conference, if the clubs stance of "not standing in the way of a move" will eventually change when we can start competing regularly at the top 7/8 places
The clubs stance won't change, it's just that the pool of buying clubs gets that little bit smaller.

We'll never not be able to stop sports washing nation states from shopping in our store, but I guess the dream is one day they'll be the only customers.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I love listening to de Zerbi's pressers. There are little gems of phrases in there, sometimes masked by his (fast improving 👍) English:
When observed by the journo about how fast we start some games, he replied: yes, because it's easier to score at the beginning of the game than near the end, no?.

I have no idea whether stats support this for the Seagulls, but it's an insight into how he thinks.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I love listening to de Zerbi's pressers. There are little gems of phrases in there, sometimes masked by his (fast improving 👍) English:
When observed by the journo about how fast we start some games, he replied: yes, because it's easier to score at the beginning of the game than near the end, no?.

I have no idea whether stats support this for the Seagulls, but it's an insight into how he thinks.
There is 90 minutes to score and most teams start slow to help them settle in to the game. A quick sustained pressure can help you take an early lead which then forces the game to open up. A brave tactic but one that appears to be working well

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'm likewise a fan of his conferences, and have noted him finishing sentences with no. There is something in what he says about starting fast. I still think the most devastating performance we've witnessed at the Amex in the PL was Liverpool's 5-1 mauling. What stood out was how quicker and more intense they were back then. No longer, we might be one of the best in the PL at this, and this illustrates the extent to which the profile of our squad has been transformed over the past 3 or 4 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
32 of them want Biesla 😂

Hope they get him when Potter is finally sacked in a few weeks. Biesla simply loves super hard working/training players, it will be hilarious to see if he can find any at Chelsea!
That’s an Everton forum…

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wonder if we push into European Conference, if the clubs stance of "not standing in the way of a move" will eventually change when we can start competing regularly at the top 7/8 places
Nahh

The only competition worth being in really is the champions league unfortunately. The other tournos, although fun for a club like us are pretty rubbish. I mean , rangers reached the final of the Europa League a year ago ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here