Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Murat formal suspect in Madeleine case

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
clippedgull said:
Yes, really.

Why should I be upset? Because the media want me to jump on the band wagon?

I want the girl to be found safe as already said but I don't know her so any outcome that is unsavoury won't upset me at all.

I will briefly feel sorry for her parents, then
get on with my life.

My feelings are for my family. End of.

Do any stories that involve people you don't know upset you?
Murders, rapes, the holocaust?

Or is it a case of "doesn't affect my family, so couldn't give a shit."

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
clippedgull said:
Yes, really.

I want the girl to be found safe as already said but I don't know her so any outcome that is unsavoury won't upset me at all.

get on with my life.

I pity you.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
released - not enough evidence

Gritt23 said:
Do any stories that involve people you don't know upset you?
Murders, rapes, the holocaust?

Or is it a case of "doesn't affect my family, so couldn't give a shit."

It's not worth getting shirty with someone else about Gritt, because there are stories every day about children, that could upset.
Some die, are killed, starved, are born debilitated, are abducted, diseased by something easily cureable in our society.... and we won't get to hear about all their cries, anguish or awful fates.

Can you be accused of not caring because you don't seek these sad tales out? Because you only react to the ones that are media-focussed and British, not Rwandan or Somalian?

Yes this case is worrying and the little girl deserves all the attention, but rest up on another's concern and don't judge, eh?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
clippedgull said:
Yes, really.

get on with my life.

Prick.

I hope to God nothing like this ever does happen to you.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Everyone has their own set of reasons to be moved and enraged, and clippedgull is just another. I share some of his anger for media representation and the fact that as-yet unfinished tragedy makes for better sales and the passion of a nation seems highly limited because of business' decisions. I also shake at the thought of a white country always feeling most for such picturesque infants, but i suppose those photos seem to mark the mental images of a million parents who dread the loss of their own.
I can't pretend to care about a missing girl as my passions do lie elsewhere, a number self-inclined, and i have no children to make this close to home. But i doubt i could say anyone was wrong to feel upset from either side. Up to them. I would just hope they feel just as dismayed and forced into action in political and social tragedies that last a little longer and may have a broader scope. That sympathy edges one further than an "i hope that doesn't happen to me and mine." But that's my selfish persuasion.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Does anyone else feel a bit sorry for this bloke? I know I do. Basically some hack on an all expenses holiday grassed him up to the old bill because he reminded her of how Ian Huntley acted before he was caught. All he was doing was helping the police as a translator and this gave him a few bits of insider knowledge. He's obviously felt like he had a bit of power and started acting all official to the press as if he had authority over information which they want. He was also heard bragging to people about his involvement. I meet people like this every day, a tiny bit of percieved power and it goes to their head.
He's probably just a bit of a saddo who's seen CSI too many times. By all means investigate him because every avenue needs to be explored, but is there really any need to 'out' him in the media before it's proved that he's done anything wrong.
The tabloid press in this country have a lot to answer for.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
wasn't it his mum who went to the press and asked that they give her story, despite portuguese police telling her to say nothing? i mena that hack from the mirror reported him eight days ago and didn;t 'out' him until his mum started with all the phone calls to the papers/tc last night.

Meade's_Ball said:
Everyone has their own set of reasons to be moved and enraged, and clippedgull is just another. I share some of his anger for media representation and the fact that as-yet unfinished tragedy makes for better sales and the passion of a nation seems highly limited because of business' decisions. I also shake at the thought of a white country always feeling most for such picturesque infants, but i suppose those photos seem to mark the mental images of a million parents who dread the loss of their own.
I can't pretend to care about a missing girl as my passions do lie elsewhere, a number self-inclined, and i have no children to make this close to home. But i doubt i could say anyone was wrong to feel upset from either side. Up to them. I would just hope they feel just as dismayed and forced into action in political and social tragedies that last a little longer and may have a broader scope. That sympathy edges one further than an "i hope that doesn't happen to me and mine." But that's my selfish persuasion.

You SELFISH BASTARD!

Not really, but you just echoed basically what clippedgull said. But, because you look so nice in your shell-suit and walkman, flailing dervishly to the worry of all Bright Helmstonians, you are excused. Say three hail Mary's and do not piss in the holy water on the way out my son, cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here