Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Green

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I thought it was pathetic as were the moronic chants of "you've burnt your own town down etc." Er, there were no riots in West Ham. Embarrassing.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
I thought it was pathetic as were the moronic chants of "you've burnt your own town down etc." Er, there were no riots in West Ham. Embarrassing.
Well it was Barking that the 2 guys mugged the foreign student during the height of the riots ....thats east london....doh

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Thought Robert Green took the abuse really well yesterday. Yes he made a mistake like all goalkeepers. However when one Brighton idiot shouted at him, "you should get a proper job.". He turned round and replied, "I don't need to work I'm a millionaire."
With a big smile. Top bloke.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thought Robert Green took the abuse really well yesterday. Yes he made a mistake like all goalkeepers. However when one Brighton idiot shouted at him, "you should get a proper job.". He turned round and replied, "I don't need to work I'm a millionaire."

Class.

Unlike the 'you should get a proper job' jibe.
Unlike the 'you f***ed up our World Cup' jibe.
Unlike the 'hoofball' jibe.

Not just our team's performance found wanting this weekend. Definitely up for banter but not when it makes our supporters seem like imbeciles, when the vast majority are not.

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Songs to Rob Green were just harmless bored banter.....he probably had a little chuckle and thought fair enough!! When the 'chav 10' sang 'Greeno Greeno what the score, he acknowledged/waved to them with 5 fingers....bought a wry smile to my face.

Robs a top bloke.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Singing it once is regular banter, singing it six times when losing 5-0 and he has done nothing to provoke anyone was a bit odd, but probably just misdirected frustration. I'm sure he took it as such as well.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011

Heard this and couldn't help laughing. The guy who shouted at him looked well and truly lost for words.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
How do you know that the people that you are referring to werent born in this country?

Something tells me this thread is about to go off on a tangent for about 7 pages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here