Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Dyas - Best shop in the world

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
have you ever been in another shop that looks more like Aladdin's Cave?

there is all sorts of goodies in there ( the London one's sell almost anything at stupid prices)

Cappucinomakertastic

Just bought this for work.

128349.gif

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
check out this muvva for the laydies

132148.gif

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
How strange - I have just been to the one in Leadenhall Market and bought an electric pepper mill for a fiver and was just thinking what a great shop it its :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In fact if you really love her then..........

132813.gif

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
TrevorDove said:
How strange - I have just been to the one in Leadenhall Market and bought an electric pepper mill for a fiver and was just thinking what a great shop it its :thumbsup:

we were talking about this on the train:down: :down: .

Seems like a great idea after all its bloody hard work turning the pepper mill

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got a review in the Telegraph on Saturday. Don't usually get the paper but they were out of The Times. Looks like they do a random shop review every week. Main comment was on how they don't seem to do hardware any more but sell a load of 'pile it high, sell it cheap' tat. Sort of a QVC but without mail order. Got 1 and a half stars out of 5.

Basically, they said it was shite.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I like the electric salt/pepper mills that come with what is basically a mini floodlight on the bottom.

As if it can really be a problem seeing where on your plate your pepper is falling...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes but that is the Telegraph.

I bet their reviewer shops at Harrods

133537.jpg

Hours of endless fun ( and possible menace of the pikey neighbours):clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Bozza said:
Got a review in the Telegraph on Saturday. Don't usually get the paper but they were out of The Times. Looks like they do a random shop review every week. Main comment was on how they don't seem to do hardware any more but sell a load of 'pile it high, sell it cheap' tat. Sort of a QVC but without mail order. Got 1 and a half stars out of 5.

Can't see why, all the stuff is brand name, the only difference being that you don't pay the earth for it.
Why should they do hardware, they can't compete with the large DIY chains, so it's a sensible business model.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Bozza said:
Main comment was on how they don't seem to do hardware any more but sell a load of 'pile it high, sell it cheap' tat. Sort of a QVC but without mail order. Got 1 and a half stars out of 5.

Sounds about right. It's great if you aren't bothered about your new purchase falling to bits after 6 months, fairly poor if you're looking to purchase quality products.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
not being overawed by your photos.

sounds quite similar to tj hughes and others.

bid up tv and price drop are great for buying utter shite stuff if you want to dabble them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One for our Palace friends

A pikey tent in palace colours

118866.jpg

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Dies Irae said:

Just bought this for work.

128349.gif

You're not De Vechi's beautician are you?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The Robert Dyas in Western Road in Brighton is rumoured to be haunted. Going down into the basements is not for the faint hearted. Many staff refused to work in the basements after being scared by some of the strange things that happened down there!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
have you never heard of wilkinsons,not many down south but we have on in Llanelli and lets say this if they ever open in brighton they will put a lot of the so called national stores out of business in the city

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Grendel said:
Sounds about right. It's great if you aren't bothered about your new purchase falling to bits after 6 months, fairly poor if you're looking to purchase quality products.

I just bought 2 sets of Tefal/Jamie Oliver pans/griddles/etc. Exactly the same as the ones in Debenhams.

RD's total price for 2 different sets: £198.98.

Debenhams' price for same: £420.

Seems alright to me quality wise....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here