Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Codner between the posts

Sooty the Thief

Oct 3, 2009
Who remembers that? Bristol Rovers away in Bath 1991 I think. 3-1 win, remember flash Walker scoring a right foot volley.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't Dean Wilkins go in goal in a game at Millwall after the keeper was injured in the pre-match warm-up?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
My recolection was of him taking a penalty against them after their keeper got sent off.

He took the penalty while their player was still putting on his gloves but still failed to score!

The enigma that was Robert Codner, one moment great the next plop.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have a vague recollection of Kevin Bremner having to keep at a home match against West Brom.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Who remembers that? Bristol Rovers away in Bath 1991 I think. 3-1 win, remember flash Walker scoring a right foot volley.

I remember beating Rovers 3-1 away .we had beaten Swindon 3-1 away the week before.Dont remember Codner going in goal though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didn't chivers go in goal for about 15 minutes during the 91 season after digweed got injured in the warm up and beeney had to get ready?

Yes we had to get special permission to name him as the sub instead of the one who had been named as there was only 1 sub named in those days. Think he came on after about 10 minutes and Chivers came back onto the field cant remember who went off though and am fairly certain it was against Charlton at the Valley.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Codner didn't go in goal can't remember who did mind!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Didn't chivers go in goal for about 15 minutes during the 91 season after digweed got injured in the warm up and beeney had to get ready?
Was that when Diggers 'done his nuts' so to speak?

IKDRF

May 1, 2009

that was the match that we missed a penalty which was more of a pass back than a shot. john byrne scored an excellent goal straight afterwards, seemingly out of sheer anger. it may have been codnor who missed the penalty. not sure.3-1 was the score. brighton were closing in on the automatic promotion slot as wednesday had slipped since their league cup run. i think we lost at home to port vale (or bristol city) on the following tuesday. all hope then faded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here